Show Navigation Menu

Luck

More
13 years 10 months ago #22015 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Luck
Malkie wrote:

Hello world

My luck is pretty good, i ask the fates kindly for something good and usually they are kind and answer. Or i have bad luck if I'M NOT meant to do something.

For instance i tend to find 13 my lucky number and i always play poker machine 13 when i goto a pub.

:P I believe 13 is a lucky number in Chinese culture, just like 7 is a standard lucky number in Brit. culture (and possibly American culture as well?).

The number 8 also has some lucky significance in Chinese culture. I seem to recall something about it being all-rounded and infinate, however, I don't generally pay attention to what my mother says so I can't give out the full lecture on the number 8. :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22025 by Nect
Replied by Nect on topic Re:Luck
Well yeah, I feel lucky! Law of Atraction, right? I know I'm lucky, therefore I am lucky! :laugh:
Friday the 13th is actually a king day to me. It's nothing to be scared about, it's just a day said to be unlucky because in 1307, on a Friday 13th in October, Pope Honorius II (?) conjunction with the King of France and carried out a secret death warrant against \"the Knights Templar\", who were were terminated as heretics and lost the power they used to have.

"The truth is, laughter always sounds more perfect than weeping. Laughter flows in a violent riff and is effortlessly melodic. Weeping is often fought, choked, half strangled, or surrendered to with humiliation.” - Anne Rice

More
13 years 5 months ago #27728 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Luck
I feel so lucky today! :woohoo: I got the money for the coat, all trams arrived the moment I stepped on the tram stop and somehow everything that I planned for today ended up as I planned! :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27730 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Luck
if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27833 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re: Luck
bad luck today.
the train was late..
despite nice weather, there was high water in venice..
about 30 cm of water...so, i didn't have my boots..ç,ç
my shoes were all wet..damn!!
lesson was so boring..

More
13 years 5 months ago #27891 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Luck
I have commented too soon on my good luck. :( It turned to nasty bad luck yesterday with my mobile phone dying and I'm having a feeling that it won't get better any time soon...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds