Show Navigation Menu

Luck

More
13 years 11 months ago #21148 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Luck
:laugh: I try to save my pennies..But I find it very difficult. Even if I find money lying around on the streets, it ends up lost somewhere in my house and picked up by someone else anyway. It's rare I'd actually go and pick up a penny from the floor - It's not generally worth it in my eyes unless it's a 50p+, haha.

My little brother, on the other hand, will pick up anything and everything.

One of the houses at my college did a 'pick up pennies' fundraiser for a charity - I thought it was a pretty good idea. Surprised no one thought of it before and yet again, not surprised that college kids would think of the laziest way to raise money for charity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21154 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Luck
CorpseQueen wrote:

Verminaard Draconis wrote:

I think that you create your own luck, when you work hard enough on your self, you cleanse your thoughts of negative, and you bring good energies around you!

Your's truly!

With less talk about energy, which I don't believe in, I think you're right ;) You create your own luck, but it's more of a choise then just luck - do you want to see the positive side, or the negative? If you find some money on the ground, will you be overly happy and use it for a special (enough) occation, or will you complain it wasn't more, or that you never find this on regular basis? And so on... myself, I always watch the positive side, wether I want it or not, and I tend to find loads of money on the ground when the mood strikes... ;)

You don't believe in energy seriously? In science class did you just disregard that part of the subject?

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21824 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Luck
I think Lady Luck hates me. :(
In the last days: I didn't pass an important exam, my laptop has developed a habit of turning itself off just to spite me (yeah, I should get it checked by a repairman), I broke a necklace, every tram line 2 \"ran away\" and just recently I bumped over my coffee mug with the coffee spilling over my textbook, notes, on the carpet, chair and a bit got even under the laptop but I think no coffee was able to really get into the blasted thing...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21825 by Kelaiah_
Replied by Kelaiah_ on topic Re:Luck
black_magnolia wrote:

I think Lady Luck hates me. :(
In the last days: I didn't pass an important exam, my laptop has developed a habit of turning itself off just to spite me (yeah, I should get it checked by a repairman), I broke a necklace, every tram line 2 \"ran away\" and just recently I bumped over my coffee mug with the coffee spilling over my textbook, notes, on the carpet, chair and a bit got even under the laptop but I think no coffee was able to really get into the blasted thing...

No, she doesn't! You think she does and that's why she can't prove you different. Just give her a chance, lady Luck can be very surprising :)

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21849 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Luck
SkieShauphen wrote:

You don't believe in energy seriously? In science class did you just disregard that part of the subject?

Energy like in auras and I'm not sure what else, no I don't believe in it. I don't believe in a soul or anything alike either.

And about Lady Luck, yes, you gotta give her a chance to prove she's there. At least the computer works, and you didn't destroy it with the coffe, only the things that's easier to replace, right? :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
13 years 10 months ago #22002 by Malkie
Replied by Malkie on topic Re:Luck
Hello world

My luck is pretty good, i ask the fates kindly for something good and usually they are kind and answer. Or i have bad luck if I'M NOT meant to do something.

For instance i tend to find 13 my lucky number and i always play poker machine 13 when i goto a pub.

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds