Show Navigation Menu

Luck

More
13 years 11 months ago #20646 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Luck
I had a bit of luck today. :) I had to do some errands and I anticipated a lot of waiting in line etc. but I managed to do everything in half an hour instead of the 2 hours I was planing it will take me.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20853 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Luck
I believe you make your own luck. You have a choise - will you think 'Oh, great, 10 min till next train comes, then I got plenty of time to walk to the other end of the station and even read my book!' or 'Damn, I missed the train by 5min, now I have to wait for 10...'

Myself, I always think the first, without even considering it. I always see something positive in everything, and it seems to be rewarding. One day I had luck in everything - every train got there when I just walked up, so I didn't even have to stop or run, just walk into the train. And even tho I spent half the day running around, as my usual train didn't work and I went a station to far, it was a really lucky day.

I believe luck to be something like a big network. For me to be lucky, lick finding a wallet, someone else needs to be real unlucky. But for me to catch the right train at the right time, I don't need to be that lucky - someone else's luck could be mixed with mine. And also I believe luck is expendable... I'm thankfull that the train comes in time, but I'd rather be lucky in finding a friend to share the time with when I missed it. And usually, whatever it is, listens...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
13 years 11 months ago #20908 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Luck
I believe luck has something to do with karma. For some reason my karma seems to be bad because my luck tends to run dry a lot. It's something I must study more of...

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20912 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Luck
SkieShauphen wrote:

I believe luck has something to do with karma. For some reason my karma seems to be bad because my luck tends to run dry a lot. It's something I must study more of...

:laugh: I don't really believe in 'karma', but I find it strange how whenever my brother does something horrible to me, it always comes back to bite him in the arse..Like when he ate something that was meant to be mine and ended up with food poisoning.

Uncanny how he always gets a come-uppance, but I'm not complaining. :whistle:

More
13 years 11 months ago #20941 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Luck
Karma is an interesting subject. There are so many contradicting theories that it's hard to find a true one.

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #20951 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Luck
Ugh, regarding luck, we were forced to watch a very depressing video in 'tutor period' today.

Basically, it was about a group of 20-30 people who were all injured in a car crash accident when a friend of theirs who had recently passed his driving test attempted to swerve close to them to scare them but lost control and ended up crashing into them all at high speed.

I guess friend choice played a big part in luck there. If they hadn't known the idiot, he wouldn't have tried to show off. Surprisingly, most of them survived but all have had their lives altered by their injuries and only one person died out of the lot.

Pretty glad I wasn't shown that yesterday before my driving lesson. I don't think I would've dared to get in the driver's seat - I lack confidence as it is.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds