Show Navigation Menu

Luck

More
14 years 1 month ago #17489 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Luck
black_magnolia wrote:

I am very lucky today! I found a new apartment and solved a big problem with that. :)

Congratulations! ^.^

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17497 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Luck
scootiebee wrote:

And I think there is a law in some states here, where if the passenger is not buckled up, the driver can get a ticket! Aargh! So you have to wear a seat belt in my car.

In Canada (at least in my province, anyway), the driver is only responsible for the fine if the person not wearing their seatbelt is a minor. Adults are expected to be smart enough to put on their own seatbelts, or else pay their own fines.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17505 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Luck
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

I am very lucky today! I found a new apartment and solved a big problem with that. :)

Congratulations! ^.^

Thank you! :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17531 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Luck
Congrats on the new apartment!

And my husband was kind of lucky, because he was driving in a straight line down the road at about 55 mph, and the kid turned left into him. My husband managed to swerve and only give the kid a glancing blow, taking out the whole front right quarter of our truck, but if he had hit the kid head-on, there would have been major injuries.

And he was not so lucky when he was 7 years old, and was hit by a car while crossing the street near his house. He still has a dent in his thigh where the car hit him.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17566 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Luck
Have any of you heard about this recently?

:huh: When I think about it - A lot of the 'luck' I've seen in my life involves vehicles of some sort.

I recall sitting in a stationary bus..And I saw in the far corner of the bus, a silly woman thinking about crossing the road..The bus started, the woman took a step out and the driver didn't see the woman, so she was just hit by the bus as it moved on.

It wasn't enough to injure her really, but from what I recall, I just remember seeing her and her friends quite shocked and angry at the bus driver - Who was oblivious.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17576 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Luck
Right now, after these weeks, I feel like my luck is draining everything at once.

I think I won a game, Mass Effect 2, special edition, online. Barely remember signing up.

And my life is going much better then I'd thought. Right now I guess I'm happy because of my ability to be able to stay up late and still wake up early, by myself, and still be able to do everything I'd like to. Wrote several pages in my favorite novell at the time, which is amazing - never write more then a few lines, at max half a page. And I'm even doing it good!

Actually found a new friend today, at work, and we discussed luck a bit. I do have a habit at finding money wherever I go... little coins on the ground. My boy doesn't like me, and neither did my friends, because I find something every other time I'm out. And sure, only ever one two things, but bot have been of much value to me. Still using the wireless keyboard and mouse I got...

But I will not think much about it, just appretiate it like hell. If I begun thinking sbout it, it might slip away...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds