Show Navigation Menu

Cold Weather

More
14 years 3 months ago #12467 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Cold Weather
Even though we didn't get much snow last night, they still canceled school today, so I had to drag an unwilling 9-year-old with me on my errands today. So much for prior planning. I can't believe they canceled school for snow I conquered with a kitchen broom. It was icy under the snow, but all the roads were cleared and salted by 8 am. Ugh. It is 19F here right now, which is only -7 C. But it will be getting colder overnight, since it is only about 8:30 pm here.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12475 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Cold Weather
Here in england the ice on the pavements \"sidewalks\" have turned bullet proof :S

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12501 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Cold Weather
Highwayman wrote:

Here in england the ice on the pavements \"sidewalks\" have turned bullet proof :S

Bah, I know. It's hazardous..And irritating when I see the little year 7s deliberately running into the middle of the roads and then stopping to slide. It's only a matter of time until someone gets injured, seeing as none of the cars can really drive safely/use brakes well on the roads at the moment.

Did you hear about the woman who was found frozen in her garden? Or something like that. Some news is quite shocking. :dry:

More
14 years 3 months ago #12522 by Highwayman
Envy wrote:

Highwayman wrote:

Bah, I know. It's hazardous..And irritating when I see the little year 7s deliberately running into the middle of the roads and then stopping to slide. It's only a matter of time until someone gets injured, seeing as none of the cars can really drive safely/use brakes well on the roads at the moment.

Did you hear about the woman who was found frozen in her garden? Or something like that. Some news is quite shocking. :dry:

Yeah i did she was 90 :( it was somewhere up north yorkshire or leeds. :(

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12532 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Cold Weather
@ Scootiebee:

yes there is a problem with salt in Belgium ...

There are several different regions and each region corresponds to a different administration ... and the 3 main terminal have monopolized all the reserve of salt. So there is not enough for the small villages ... From here comes the problem.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12542 by Highwayman
Daruma wrote:

@ Scootiebee:

yes there is a problem with salt in Belgium ...

There are several different regions and each region corresponds to a different administration ... and the 3 main terminal have monopolized all the reserve of salt. So there is not enough for the small villages ... From here comes the problem.

Same here it's running out and there having to mix it with sand and grit.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds