Show Navigation Menu

Cold Weather

More
14 years 3 months ago #12395 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Cold Weather
It's not too bad here, so far... we have a bit of snow, and it's just a couple of degrees below freezing. But that's warmer than normal, so I'm sure it won't last.

I mind the cold really badly... my joints ache like mad, and my skin and hair get very dry in the winter, so I'm longing for spring already.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12405 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Cold Weather
I was just reading this
UK freezes in South Pole weather Temperatures drop to -21

snowTemperatures in big-freeze Britain are on a par with the South Pole after the country suffered its coldest night of the winter so far.
The mercury sank to minus 21.6C in the Scottish Highlands early on Friday - close to the minus 22.9C currently at the southernmost part of the globe.
With bitterly cold temperatures everywhere else in the UK, there is more widespread disruption on the roads, trains and at airports, with thousands of schools also shut once again.
The remorseless cold has also created new havoc as dozens of big companies have had their gas rationed after domestic demand soared to record levels

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12408 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Cold Weather
:huh: Some kids in our college decided to go skating on the frozen lake during lunch..Idiots..

More
14 years 3 months ago #12417 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Cold Weather
man i'm bummed out. when i woke up there wasn't any snow. not even any frost or ice. it bummed us out. and today is my mother's brithday and she was looking forward to it.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12425 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Cold Weather
We had 22 centimetres of snow in Zagreb and I have my fingers crossed that it'll melt till I return there. Here at home there is no snow and temperatures are mild, a bit above 0 °C...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #12434 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Cold Weather
Bah..Two brothers died today in the lake I mentioned above - We assumed they were kids, but it turns out, they were both in their 30s and 40s..

I don't mean to disrespect the dead, but you'd expect grown men to have more sense. :huh: They 'went out to feed the ducks' as well..

There's a chance they might postpone the exams. :dry: I don't know whether I'd prefer that or not.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds