Show Navigation Menu

Cats...

More
14 years 2 months ago #14665 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Cats...
scootiebee wrote:

No, he has \"extra toes\", 6 toes on each front foot, 5 on each back foot, one more on each foot than a regular cat. It looks like he has boxing gloves on. And he hasn't gone out in the snow. He is very wimpy, but he was trying to attack falling snowflakes through the glass.

Teehee how cute! I did notice his oddly shaped paws, but I thought he was just extra-fluffy. :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14687 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Cats...
i love watching my cats walk in snow if we get any. they take some dainty steps then run back inside. its soooooo cute.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14690 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Cats...
My cat is absolutely terrified about being outside, especially in winter. I think it might have something to do with him being found as a kitten, abandoned in the middle of winter.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14693 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Cats...
Morgan was born outside last winter, and lived in a friend's garage until I adopted him. He doesn't like being further outside than the screen porch, and only when there are no eagles, dogs, or trucks nearby. His bonus toes are fully functional with claws and everything. He stretches them out and they look huge! It is a somewhat common birth defect in cats in the U.S., called polydactyly, and is associated with Ernest Hemmingway's cats (often they are called \"double pawed\" or \"Hemingway cats\", and either of those used as a google search will bring up cute pictures of bonus toe cats.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14724 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Cats...
necie1286 wrote:

i love watching my cats walk in snow if we get any. they take some dainty steps then run back inside. its soooooo cute.

:P My cousin's rabbit was similar. She hated the kitchen floor because it was cold and tiled, which made her paws slip and slide all over the place. :P There was a little rug in the middle of the kitchen and she'd just sit there and refuse to budge once she reached it.

I don't know if she ever saw snow in her lifetime..

More
13 years 8 months ago #24791 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re:Cats...
i looooove cats!!!>.<
i would like to have one..one day!!XD

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds