Show Navigation Menu

Cats...

More
14 years 3 months ago #12664 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Cats...
When I was a kid my mom used to catch all the stray cats in the neighborhood and take them to the vet to get \"fixed.\" We had so many cats that people used to drop off in the woods around our neighborhood. People are stupid, and think that the cats can fend for themselves in the wild. Some of them were in really bad shape from fights and being attacked by wild animals. On the other side of the woods was the U.S. Department of Agriculture research station, and people figured it was a lot of open, safe land. But that land ran right out to the ocean, with no fence other than the natural one provided by a mangrove forest. So we had a lot of strays turn into our neighborhood looking for food. We put a dent in the cat population, but ended up feeding close to 30 cats outside. Most were to afraid to come to us, but we made sure they were healthy and fed, and had a safe place to run to.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12759 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Cats...
i'd love to be able to do that. make a place for staies and unwanted animals to be fed, sleep and loved. its one of my biggest dreams to do that. i love animals so much and hate seeing them all alone and hurting

More
14 years 3 months ago #12782 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Cats...
As much as I'd love to have a shelter for stray cats, I'd fear getting bitten and catching something.

:dry:

Although I have had a few strays approach me before, just seeking attention. Wasn't able to take them home due to my father..So I had to call the RSPCA to inform them and that was that.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12800 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Cats...
Something I've always wished I could do is be the serugit for a family of cats whose owner died. It would be awesome to inherit the deceased person's $15,000 or so as payment to take care of the cats. It's enough to keep them healthy their entire lives. To live in a house with all of those cats would be lovely, especially since I'm not paying for them :P

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12841 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Cats...
if i could i'd love to be a foster for anamils till someone would take them in.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12842 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Cats...
I am sort of fostering the cat we found on Christmas eve. Nobody has claimed her yet, and we are starting to ask around to find her a permanent home. She still is not getting along with my original cat, so we really have to do something soon. She would be a great cat, if she was the only cat.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds