Show Navigation Menu

Pick-Me-Ups

More
14 years 4 months ago #11814 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:depression.
I draw and listen to music. But if I'm too depressed to do that I write. But the first thing I do is light a cigarette and meditate.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11877 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:depression.
Oh..I find that crying does actually help..Although I can be stubborn to cry at times unless I'm in the dark, in my room and in the safety of my bed.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #12015 by Keseluk
Replied by Keseluk on topic Re:depression.
I get into a LOT of \"nasty\" arguements with punks calling me emo or with an emo calling themselves a Goth simply because they wear black which is why lots of people try to bridge the opposing lifestyles. If you don't like solitude, go into the public and make some friends, if you have no idea about the vast differences between Goth and emo, get educated, PM me if you want, if you are just an emo looking for attention because nothing is good enough besides your imagination, get the hell away from AG. Why am I so bitter? Because I like the old ways where only the strong survive and succumbing to depression is a weakness that people choose not to overcome.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Keseluk. Reason: typo

More
14 years 4 months ago #12034 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:depression.
Keseluk wrote:

I get into a LOT of \"nasty\" arguements with punks calling me emo or with an emo calling themselves a Goth simply because they wear black which is why lots of people try to bridge the opposing lifestyles. If you don't like solitude, go into the public and make some friends, if you have no idea about the vast differences between Goth and emo, get educated, PM me if you want, if you are just an emo looking for attention because nothing is good enough besides your imagination, get the hell away from AG. Why am I so bitter? Because I like the old ways where only the strong survive and succumbing to depression is a weakness that people choose not to overcome.

This thread might not be properly titled, but that doesn't excuse you from not reading the posts before you and especially the first post. This is mostly about when you feel down, depressed in the slightest way, melancholic etc. Not depressed in the full description of the illness. I was in a depression for two and a half years after the death of a loved one. I know about what I'm talking. There isn't any ice-cream, crying, drawing that will instantly pick you up out of that dark hole. This is more a topic about pick-me-ups.
and lets be clear on some things here. This forum is firstly here for people who like the products made by AG. It doesn't matter if you are goth, emo, punk, steampunk, cyber, chav or any other existing or imaginary subculture etc. If you like the products, you are welcome here - naturally, be polite and friendly as the world isn't turning around your sorry ass.
So, if you want to be the Messiah of Gothdom and enlighten all, stick a description of your crusade into your profile signature and let us old bats in peace - you don't need to write your ad in every single reply on the forum.
now, where's my chocolate? pms is a pain in the ass... :angry:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12078 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:depression.
Well.

I think I can understand where Keseluk is coming from. A lot of 'Emos' around here decide to suddenly become gloomy and 'depressive' just because it's 'cool' in their eyes. It's quite sickening, and I do loathe it.

I knew someone who decided to moan EVERYDAY to me about every LITTLE thing wrong in his life. He would literally bring things upon himself. Once he told me he had sat at his computer for 5 days doing nothing and then decided there was no point in life, \"it's boring\" and that he was 'depressed and suicidal'. And yet suddenly he could become all chirpy. It was a clear act and I detested it, because people like him put a bad reputation onto the people who are truly suffering from an illness.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12089 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:depression.
Envy, I don't want to justify your depressed friend's pain-in-the-assery, but being bipolar myself, that sounds strangely like one of the symptoms my doctor told me for that disease. I can be suicidally depressed, but still laugh and have a good time. Strange, but apparently a symptom of bipolar disorder. No matter how bad things get, sometimes I just can't help laughing. It is being both depressed and manic at the same time (mixed episodes), and it is a rotten feeling. Maybe he needs to get some professional help? I have been diagnosed for more than 12 years, so I have had a lot of help myself, and have learned to spot the signs and take necessary actions before I get like that anymore.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds