Show Navigation Menu

Pick-Me-Ups

More
14 years 4 months ago #12121 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:depression.
Let's keep the emo topic out of here.
Every person can put up an act because he/she wants attention and you never know when someone really is 'calling out for help'.
Depression is a monster with an ugly head. I was lucky enough and wasn't put on medication, while a good friend of mine had to take meds and it even made things worse. He would have problems with walking, dizziness, hallucinations etc. He stopped taking meds and pulled himself out of that pitch black hole on his own. When you meet him now, you would never even think that person was ever depressed - he's an addictive bundle of sunshine. I can't stop laughing in his company. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #12164 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:depression.
Mm..It's not that kind of chirpy. It's hard to explain, but basically, he always *wanted* to be 'emo/goth/alternative'..So he suddenly gained this attitude which he considers to 'fit in' with what he wants to be.

One of my most hyper and close friends suffers from bipolar, and his hyper 'chirpy' mood is completely different - It's hard to explain, but it's very distinctive and consistent - compared to the guy who's acting up.

Around here, the doctors try to avoid resorting to medication because of the effects it can have. Most of us get referred to other people.

Edit: The above was a really bad explanation. :P Basically..The majority of my friends suffer from one type of depression or another - When we talk about delicate subjects like 'suicide' for example, we respect each other when speaking and it's a normal conversation with both of us exchanging thoughts on the matter..As for the guy who wants to be 'emo/goth/alternative etc.', when he talks about things like 'feeling suicidal', he almost..Brags about it in a proud/arrogant manner. It's not normal. >.<
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Envy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds