Show Navigation Menu

childhood memories...

More
13 years 4 months ago #28647 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

I'd love to see some of those old cartoons aired again on Tv. The new stuff that I see now being aired isn't really to me liking, seems just to much like junk to me... :S

Yes! That's what annoys me now! It's like there's no good children's TV anymore..It's all got to be 'educational' or something..Like baby-TV instead of kid-TV. I remember when I was younger, channel 3 was always children's TV - GOOD children's cartoons during the immediate hour after school ended. The kind that would have comedy that you could enjoy as a kid and as an adult..Now it's just..Ugh.

I totally agree! I mostly watched Cartoon Network and RTL2 (a German channel) becasue they had the best cartoons then, the Croatian channels unfortunately had nothing special expect a couple cartoons like \"Professor Balthazar\". :silly:
I get so fuzzy warm around my heart when I see one old tram here in Zagreb which is covered completely in Professor Balthazar graffiti. :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28653 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: childhood memories...
I used to watch Cartoon Network too! Hehe. But even they've gone a bit odd more recently. Not sure why, but I just really can't 'get into' the kind of cartoons they show now. I recall the stage where the cartoons they started showing were all 'new' and weird..Started disliking that channel from then on. Particularly disliked that strange cartoon about imaginary friends. Not sure why. :pinch: I miss the old Tom and Jerry or Looney Tunes..I don't even think I can find a channel which shows them and is freeview now.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28654 by REAPER616
Replied by REAPER616 on topic Re: childhood memories...
mine was my very first proper girlfriend, we were like 14 and dated for just over 2 years, 25 years later and we've made contact again and started dating again :)

Every body is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28655 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: childhood memories...
Thankfully for the joy of still watching cartoons, they have put the good old ones on dvd. All the Loony Toons, none of the comercials. Though speaking of, I can't recall seeing the Boomarang channel any more, does it still exist? Remember it came out specifically to play old Hanna-Barbara cartoons and such.

@ Reaper-> thats cute and gross at the same time.... ;) but seriously, cool and good luck. (:

More
13 years 4 months ago #28659 by REAPER616
Replied by REAPER616 on topic Re: childhood memories...
haha.. thanks nwbevk :laugh:
my fave cartoons would of been looney toons, (bugs bunny), scooby doo, captain cave man, wacky racers, now a days its spongebob squarepants, patric star makes me crack up :lol:

Every body is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28660 by black_magnolia
I somehow always disliked Spongebob Squarepants... :S

I'd really like to hear the thoughts of our physically older members about cartoons. ;)
What I've learned from my parents is that at their time there was just one Tv channel (at least here) and there was maybe one cartoon per day like some very old Mickey Mouse stuff or something like that... Generally their thoughts are that we have a lot more options to choose from. There wasn't really any children's Tv as we younger generations know.
I know that my grandmother and my dad used to watch a lot of cartoons with my sister and me, because basically we wouldn't give them the remote-control and most of the stuff was nice and interesting for adults too. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds