Show Navigation Menu

Motorcycles

More
14 years 4 months ago #11034 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Motorcycles
I don't like cars, and for a long time I've said I'd rather have a license for driving motorcycles then cars. And I'm serious with that... just that no one I know has a bike, so it may be hard to get that license (or just more expencive), but may still be worth it when I get money.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11074 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Motorcycles
I thought about getting one and learning to ride (you can get on the roads without passing on a bike here, but you can't get on the roads alone without passing on a car)..But I've known so many who have had accidents, and I'm pretty clumsy as it is.

Might sound silly, but my parents are always knocking down my motorcycle-riding ideas - And after the death of a teacher this month due to a motorcycle accident plus a guy at my dad's workplace having an accident - I've had enough scare stories to put me off..For this year.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11077 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Motorcycles
Riding a motorcycle is definitely dangerous. The unfortunate thing is that you are such a small object that a lot of people don't see you when they're driving cars. They're looking for other cars. I used to have a motorcycle but one day someone didn't check before changing lanes. My bike was totalled off and I've just never been in a situation since where I could get another bike. She was just an old Honda Nighthawk but it was the bike I learned on and I do miss her. Perhaps some day the opportunity for a bike will come again. I'd really like to get my hands on an old school chopper but we shall see what the future holds . . .

More
14 years 4 months ago #11092 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Motorcycles
I just want a simple cruiser. Nothing special, just something to feel the open air on. I was going to get one next year back in AR, but since I moved, I have no need for one anymore. Winter lasts 6 months out of the year here and I wouldn't really be able to ride for 4 of them. That leaves 8 months I can ride, and only 6 that I can ride comfortable, not counting rainy or snowy days. So I decided to hold off on one for now.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11125 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Motorcycles
cemwerewolf wrote:

Riding a motorcycle is definitely dangerous. The unfortunate thing is that you are such a small object that a lot of people don't see you when they're driving cars.

Mm..With the teacher that died, he was anything but a 'small thing' - In fact, he was a bodybuilding champion (physical education techer). He was young and really strong - And yet, he was still killed on impact..It's shocking really. Even more annoying, it was by a 4x4 travelling in the *same direction*..

More
14 years 4 months ago #11131 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Motorcycles
What I meant by a small object is that a motorcycle is so much smaller then a car. Regretably, it's very common for a motorcycle to be hit by a car going in the same direction. A person on a motorcycle creates a smaller profile then that of a car so they are often overlooked. It's very sad how many people are lost because another motorist didn't take a good look before acting.

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds