Show Navigation Menu

Net shopping

More
14 years 4 months ago #10950 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Net shopping
I've probably got a list of about five or six websites that I want to buy from in the near future and three that I regularly buy from. I just torture myself looking online because usually when I start looking things up there's no money to spend anyway. Then, when I do get some money ahead, I go nuts ordering stuff. I do usually find really good deals online and I only buy stuff there that it's just impossible for me to get in person.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10953 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Net shopping
I buy a ton of things online. Everything from the couch in my living room to my microwave (both from Amazon). I love Amazon, they have everything. I order shoes online, but only if they are a brand/style I already know will fit me. I just ordered clothes from retroscope.com, and hopefully they will fit. I followed their size chart, measured myself, and crossed my fingers. They shipped yesterday, so hopefully I will have them soon, and I will let you know. I wanted to order a few things from cryoflesh, but I am really confused by their sizes. It seems each different article of clothing has a different size, and you just have to measure yourself for everything. For example, one shirt I take a medium, another an extra-large. Odd, but customer service assures me that as long as I go by the inches measurement, I will be fine. Huh. Makes me a little nervous.

I mostly buy \"stuff\" online, not clothing, though. Books, cd's, movies, toys for the kid, etc.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10981 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Net shopping
For clothing online, I'll usually get a size larger than what I need. Sometimes it's still not enough. Like the mesh shirt I bought from FucktheMainstream. I bought the extra large and it turned out to be too tight for me. Wow, and I normally wear a medium.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10993 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Net shopping
cemwerewolf wrote:

I've probably got a list of about five or six websites that I want to buy from in the near future and three that I regularly buy from. I just torture myself looking online because usually when I start looking things up there's no money to spend anyway. Then, when I do get some money ahead, I go nuts ordering stuff. I do usually find really good deals online and I only buy stuff there that it's just impossible for me to get in person.

Similar to what I'm like. I'll find it hard to shop for a while..And suddenly I'll find tons of things I want online (whilst I'm low on cash). I end up bookmarking lots of links in a 'shopping' folder. :woohoo: Annoyingly, some of those items I bookmarked went out of stock a few weeks ago. Grr! Just when I had the cash.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11003 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Net shopping
I do the same thing, Envy, bookmarking everything that catches my eye and checking up on it regularly. I almost missed my favorite boots that way. Dr. Martens discontinued them, apparently, and I kept going back to the site every day near tears because they went away before I bought them. I even called the distributor here in the U.S. and was in tears with him (the poor guy thought I was crazy!). But I kept checking every day. Amazingly, a few days later, they had ONE pair in stock and it was amazingly in my size. I bought them.

Sometimes, though, things just get out of stock, and are reordered, so keep checking. Or you might find something else you like just as well. Can't hurt to keep looking.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11008 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Net shopping
I dare not order anything on the internet because I am afraid of scams

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds