Show Navigation Menu

The Coolest Thing Ever!

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #31821 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

:P

I'm tempted to ask my friend to use those for posting the package to me, but as I've figured, it's more expensive using stamps then just paying the complete shipping price at the post office, therefore I won't ask. Don't want to inconvenient my friend even more with the shipping when I know she's busy.

Ah, but they really are soooo pretty! My favourite are the Merlin and Morgana stamps. :)

Couldn't you ask her to buy you a bunch and put them inside the package she's sending you?

I could, but I'm not really that big of a stamp collector in the first place and if I'd collect them then I'd like to have them used, ergo stamped from the post office. Somehow, I was never fond of unused stamps so much. :silly:
Same goes for postcards. I rather receive a postcard that was literally sent from the place it was bought then get one just pressed into my hand as a souvenir. Maybe that's just becasue I like getting mail the old fashioned way. :woohoo: :P

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31822 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: The Coolest Thing Ever!
black_magnolia wrote:

I could, but I'm not really that big of a stamp collector in the first place and if I'd collect them then I'd like to have them used, ergo stamped from the post office. Somehow, I was never fond of unused stamps so much. :silly:
Same goes for postcards. I rather receive a postcard that was literally sent from the place it was bought then get one just pressed into my hand as a souvenir. Maybe that's just becasue I like getting mail the old fashioned way. :woohoo: :P

Ahh..:P I think unstamped ones are worth more. But I can't quite recall if that's right, so don't quote me on it. :woohoo: I can see value in stamped stamps and unstamped stamps!

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #31827 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Ahh..:P I think unstamped ones are worth more. But I can't quite recall if that's right, so don't quote me on it. :woohoo: I can see value in stamped stamps and unstamped stamps!

It basically comes down to the type of stamps a person has decided to collect. :P
Philatelic purists will say a stamped stamp is worth more, but basically it's everyone's personal decision which kind of stamps they think is worth more. Generally, stamps that were worth a lot when they were issued the first time will retain their worth, so mostly those that were \"cheep\" in the beginning will also stay \"cheep\" after 50 or more years, never mind if they were used or not.
Hey, it's a hobby, so everyone can decide for themselves how much money they want to spend on it. ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31850 by Prissy
Replied by Prissy on topic Re:The Coolest Thing Ever!
nice!!!

ZOSO

More
13 years 1 month ago #31854 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Oh those stamps are gorgeous! Don't worry black_magnolia, I like getting my mail the old fshioned way too. :)

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 1 month ago #31855 by Night Blossom
*arm flail!!!*

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds