Show Navigation Menu

Skin tone

More
14 years 3 months ago #15174 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Skin tone
scootiebee wrote:

I have had it happen by accident too. At my grandmother's house in Boston, where the cold ground water in winter was really icy, and my step-father chose that moment I was all covered in shampoo to start a warm laundry load. It was an old house, but screaming ensued. I had to rinse off in cold. Ick. Thank goodness we have a really large water heater here, and don't really run into that problem. Let's hear it for a 55-gallon water heater and strong water pressure!

Ouch! What an experience. :P I've had my showers turn cold mid-way many, many times..I can't stand the cold. Even when I shower, I have to have windows etc. closed. It leads to a load of condensation and my parents hate me for it, but I hate feeling the cold wind coming in through the window.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #15186 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Skin tone
Our water goes cold when someone flushes the toilet...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 3 months ago #15192 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Skin tone
hehehhehe now that is also the problem where we live the plumbing is kind of weird :D Or when someone in the apartment next to ya starts showering and the water from your boiler gets spent, now that is tricky.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 months ago #15288 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Skin tone
Envy wrote:

scootiebee wrote:

I have had it happen by accident too. At my grandmother's house in Boston, where the cold ground water in winter was really icy, and my step-father chose that moment I was all covered in shampoo to start a warm laundry load. It was an old house, but screaming ensued. I had to rinse off in cold. Ick. Thank goodness we have a really large water heater here, and don't really run into that problem. Let's hear it for a 55-gallon water heater and strong water pressure!

Ouch! What an experience. :P I've had my showers turn cold mid-way many, many times..I can't stand the cold. Even when I shower, I have to have windows etc. closed. It leads to a load of condensation and my parents hate me for it, but I hate feeling the cold wind coming in through the window.

We have a portable electric heater that I use in the bathroom during the winter. Makes it so much nicer, considering our house is fairly cold. It's old, and the insulation is not the best, so we just have to warm up whatever room we're in, rather than try to keep the whole place at 20 degrees.

More
14 years 3 months ago #15292 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Skin tone
Morgana wrote:

We have a portable electric heater that I use in the bathroom during the winter. Makes it so much nicer, considering our house is fairly cold. It's old, and the insulation is not the best, so we just have to warm up whatever room we're in, rather than try to keep the whole place at 20 degrees.

Ahh I wouldn't dare use mine in the bathroom..Whenever I shower, the floors and walls somehow end up drenched with water.

I do have 3 duvets and an electric heater in my room through..My room's a completely different climate to anywhere else in the house. :P It's the room with the boiler in the cupboard as well, so it's extra-warm.

More
14 years 3 months ago #15311 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Skin tone
My room is always a bit colder then the rest of the house, and I have yet to figure out why... I keep the floor-heat turned up a bit more then usuall, and my window is leaking but it's not enough I'm sure... Still, sleeping in cold is good for ya, even tho I always hide myself under the blanket untill it gets warm.

Saw a program about teenagers and their problems, and they talked a lot about sunbathing. The fun thing is that when talking about skincancer they where a bit afraid, but ended up saying 'At least I'll die goodlooking'. But when showed a picture how they'd look if they continued sunbathing every week, filled with wrinkles, they didn't wanna sunbath anymore... sometimes you get proof on how weird the world is.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds