Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Hot Topic clothing

More
13 years 2 months ago #30748 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Mm I think it's just a matter of business. I've noticed all the local alternative shops here have done the same.

A few years back, they stocked lots of more gothic items. Now it's all neony-sceney-stuff...I can't even find a good pair of platform shoes anymore. Though I've probably said that before.

I like to browse some mainstream shops online once in a while though - You end up noticing certain styles that are 'in' or not, and once you notice a style you like is 'in', then you know that you're more likely to find something that suits your style if you head out to the mainstream shops around then.

I noticed that when neony-crap started appearing in alternative stores, lacey/Victorian/slightly gothic and lolita items were in fashion in the mainstream shops, so I ended up shopping more in mainstream shops during that period.

I've noticed that too! I don't really see that cyber look biting the dust soon, but I do hope this lacy/victorian style in mainstream shops stays for longer! :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30749 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hot Topic clothing
black_magnolia wrote:

I've noticed that too! I don't really see that cyber look biting the dust soon, but I do hope this lacy/victorian style in mainstream shops stays for longer! :silly:

Yeah..I have a feeling just as the 60s/70s were disco years, these are clubbing/neon years.

:P Unusual how the stocks are the same over in other places in the world! It's different in China, I know that for certain at least. Any clothing you buy in China always never comes into fashion in the Western world until 1-2 years after it's sold over there. It's very odd but it happens everytime I go over there and shop - So I'm often ahead of the fashions here. Means I'm always looking odd though.

The lace/Victorian styled stuff is starting to phase out here. I've noticed a lot more err. Lightly-steampunky themed stuff..So..Bomber jackets, muddy coloured trenchcoat macs..That kind of thing, in our shops now.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30822 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Ah everyone in Australia seems to be six months to a year behind the rest of the world.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 2 months ago #30830 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

The lace/Victorian styled stuff is starting to phase out here. I've noticed a lot more err. Lightly-steampunky themed stuff..So..Bomber jackets, muddy coloured trenchcoat macs..That kind of thing, in our shops now.

I've noticed that already last season. Didn't really associate it to stampunk, but more to that 1920's era and Indiana Jones movies. :silly: I'm not a fan of all those sand and cemel colours... :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30841 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hot Topic clothing
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

Ah everyone in Australia seems to be six months to a year behind the rest of the world.

:P Roughly the same timezone as China/Hong Kong, so yeah. Maybe it's just the distance.

I was thinking of the steampunk fashion themes, e.g. aviator and stuff (if that makes sense? I've known groups who love steampunk clothing to start limiting it to an aviator look or a doctor look etc.)..But yeah, there is an 'Indiana Jones' look about most of the stuff out now as well. Just generally those beige-ish colours.

I'm not a fan of them either! I'm just wondering how many years it'll be before the fashion cycles around again and lace is back 'in'.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30865 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Interesting if random fact about Indiana Jones: his whip is an Australian-made leather bullwhip.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds