Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Hot Topic clothing

More
13 years 2 months ago #29557 by iHauntTheSepulchre
black_magnolia wrote:

The retro part doesn't really surprise me. Retro is back in trend. :silly: I see a lot more gothabilly people around, not only chicks, but man too...

I've noticed this too...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #30336 by xXzetsumeiXx
Replied by xXzetsumeiXx on topic Re: Hot Topic clothing
I've seen more and more kids wearing retro, and I'm alright with them, but I wish there were some more places selling as my friends say: \"hardcore goth\". Or more items like those sold on AG. It's incredibly though to find things like that in America. :(

More
13 years 1 month ago #30382 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hot Topic clothing
xXzetsumeiXx wrote:

I've seen more and more kids wearing retro, and I'm alright with them, but I wish there were some more places selling as my friends say: \"hardcore goth\". Or more items like those sold on AG. It's incredibly though to find things like that in America. :(

Maybe you aren't looking hard enough. America's the biggest market in the world as far as I'm aware, followed closely by the EU trade bloc, so if you can't find it in America - Well..Look harder! :P

A lot of my best items are imported from abroad, but I guess it is true in some sense that there *may* be more gothic stuff around Europe, just due to history really. England isn't exactly bursting with goths, but there are little dark niches here and there..Plus the beautiful architecture that exists in some places gives away our history.

In all honesty, it's difficult to find 'hardcore gothic' items even here if you head out to the shops physically because they're all so spread apart unless you're in Camden etc. so most of my gothic shopping is just done online.

More
13 years 1 month ago #30720 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Hot Topic clothing
Hot Topic used to have really nice stuff back when they carried stuff from brands like Subterrenea and Lip Service. I know they still carry some alternative items but nowadays, it seems like they're catering more to the Scene crowd.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
13 years 1 month ago #30725 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Perhaps that is because, as their name \"Hot Topic\" suggests, they cater to whatever is in fashion for teenagers (excluding obviously high end fashion - I'm talking teenagers on the other side of conventional fashion).

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 1 month ago #30738 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Hot Topic clothing
Mm I think it's just a matter of business. I've noticed all the local alternative shops here have done the same.

A few years back, they stocked lots of more gothic items. Now it's all neony-sceney-stuff...I can't even find a good pair of platform shoes anymore. Though I've probably said that before.

I like to browse some mainstream shops online once in a while though - You end up noticing certain styles that are 'in' or not, and once you notice a style you like is 'in', then you know that you're more likely to find something that suits your style if you head out to the mainstream shops around then.

I noticed that when neony-crap started appearing in alternative stores, lacey/Victorian/slightly gothic and lolita items were in fashion in the mainstream shops, so I ended up shopping more in mainstream shops during that period.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds