Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

How's the Goth/Punk movement in your Town/City

More
13 years 5 months ago #27878 by iHauntTheSepulchre
black_magnolia wrote:

iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

metaller wrote:

on the other hand I went at the northern border between Italy and Slovenia and it was like heaven.. music shops in almost every road, and a lot of gothics punks and metalheads. I found out that thet are more than a third of the total population of the place!!! :lol:

This is going to go down onto my list of places I must go before I die!

Believe me, it isn't like that, he's blowing it up a bit. I live near that mentioned area and been there quite a number of times and it's not such a alternative paradise as metaller describes it. He probably had luck seeing so many alternative people and otherwise it is is just showing how few of such people live in his area.

Put Metal Camp in Tolmin, Slovenia on your list for that area and that's mostly it regarding something special for that area in the alternative sense.

Alrighty then, I shall.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27956 by xXzetsumeiXx
Goth in my town is dying!!!! :S I'm in America, about an hour away from DC, and EVERYTHING I see has been maintreamed T.T I'm one of the ... maybe three 'goths' in my school, and it's not fair. I know a LOT of people that want to be more goth, but they don't have the money to buy stuff online...we need more good stores nearby with slightly cheaper merchandise.

More
13 years 4 months ago #27972 by black_magnolia
xXzetsumeiXx wrote:

Goth in my town is dying!!!! :S I'm in America, about an hour away from DC, and EVERYTHING I see has been maintreamed T.T I'm one of the ... maybe three 'goths' in my school, and it's not fair. I know a LOT of people that want to be more goth, but they don't have the money to buy stuff online...we need more good stores nearby with slightly cheaper merchandise.

Or, for that matter, learn how to sew stuff. Just sewing some lace on a normal black shirt will make a difference and it would make it unique; naturally it's also a lot cheaper then buying such a shirt from a gothic store!
btw. I found a lot of nice lacy shirts etc. in normal mainstream shops, so give yourself a nudge and enter such shops, you never know, there may as well be something that you can wear.

Keep in mind that cloths don't define a person. Goth is a state of mind, so you don't have to buy special cloths to be goth. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 4 months ago #27994 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Keep in mind that cloths don't define a person. Goth is a state of mind, so you don't have to buy special cloths to be goth. :silly:

:P Agreed. I was always intrigued with 'the gothic' since I was a pretty damn young child, but it never really showed through how I dressed until I was about..13+?

^.^ I have a big stash of lace somewhere, hehe. That method is pretty good to go for a cheap, casual loli-inspired look too. I've actually seen cheeky people selling shirts as 'lolita' on eBay when it's clear they've just bought it for a tenner from H&M, sewed on some ribbon/lace and then doubled the price.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28137 by xXzetsumeiXx
Very true (though they want some nice pretty clothes to match their mind). Actually, I was thinkin of learning to sew and make some of my own stuff... after I learn how :laugh:

More
13 years 4 months ago #28168 by nwbevk
There are some, but very few goths/punks/metal heads in my area. I'm primarily surrounded by rednecks or hippies. For the most part the hippies are ok. Beware the drunken hunters though. Oh yeah, and at risk of sounding racist (am not), the local native americans are a crazy lot. One of our high schools just had a \"red vs. white\" battle and it's foggy who started it. Thankfully it's only an hour drive to find the local metal scene so I'm gone often. (:

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds