Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

How's the Goth/Punk movement in your Town/City

More
13 years 5 months ago #27166 by Zilknitha
It's pretty lonley in Uist. In fact most of the goths in the westurn isles hate each other which is so disheartening and it irritates me to high hell. They all seem to have some set thought pattern that when they see another person wearing black they glare and mutter under their breaths. Its a bit pathetic to be honest, but it doesn't stop me being what i am and wearing the regalia. :-)
As before i too wish there were more Camden Towns, but maybe we should all get together and make our own Gokula as it were? Yet, doesn't it make the world a more judgmental place? (just to throw a question into the air)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27600 by scootiebee
The cows near my house wear black, but that's about it.

No, there is no real goth movement around me, which is weird. I am not far from Baltimore or DC, or even Philly, but I haven't see or heard of much in the goth movement, and where I live is one of the more conservative parts of Maryland, and I just don't see much out there like me. It is frustrating, but that means that when people see me out and about, it is something unique for them. I enjoy that, and so seemingly do most people I meet, but it would be nice to have a few other folks to help carry the banner, as it were.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27744 by metaller
I live in Italy. and making some research I found out that the goth/punk/metal movement is like a liquid that comes down from north. in the south there isn't almost any trace of it and in the upper north it's like metalcamp in slovenia. I live almost in the upper north and in my city there is a small punk group and some bigger gothic movements and there is a quite big metal movement :laugh: . but when I went on a trip to the south there wasn't anything else than HoUsE music :angry: . a hell on earth! on the other hand I went at the northern border between Italy and Slovenia and it was like heaven.. music shops in almost every road, and a lot of gothics punks and metalheads. I found out that thet are more than a third of the total population of the place!!! :lol:

More
13 years 5 months ago #27785 by iHauntTheSepulchre
metaller wrote:

on the other hand I went at the northern border between Italy and Slovenia and it was like heaven.. music shops in almost every road, and a lot of gothics punks and metalheads. I found out that thet are more than a third of the total population of the place!!! :lol:

This is going to go down onto my list of places I must go before I die!

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 5 months ago #27786 by black_magnolia
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

metaller wrote:

on the other hand I went at the northern border between Italy and Slovenia and it was like heaven.. music shops in almost every road, and a lot of gothics punks and metalheads. I found out that thet are more than a third of the total population of the place!!! :lol:

This is going to go down onto my list of places I must go before I die!

Believe me, it isn't like that, he's blowing it up a bit. I live near that mentioned area and been there quite a number of times and it's not such a alternative paradise as metaller describes it. He probably had luck seeing so many alternative people and otherwise it is is just showing how few of such people live in his area.

Put Metal Camp in Tolmin, Slovenia on your list for that area and that's mostly it regarding something special for that area in the alternative sense.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27799 by Prissy
I live in the middle of nowhere, I'm the only person around here into goth/punk, the only person that accepts me and loves me the way I am is my boyfriend. I just changed my black hair to vampire red from (manicpanicnyc) and everyone looks at me I'm a freak but I love it!!!! There's no stores around here I have to drive 83 miles to Corpus Christi to visit cool stores that actually sell stuff I like, or I just order it off the web or catalogs, but no theres not much movement here,although I wish there was more of it.

ZOSO

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds