Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

How's the Goth/Punk movement in your Town/City

More
13 years 6 months ago #26135 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Here where I live, the Goth scene is rather subdued, it's mostly a mix of everything that comes under \"alternative\". There are still quite a few shops in Melbourne that sell AG jewelery as well as nice Gothic-style cothing.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26156 by Keseluk
Here it seems to be grade 9,10,11 of high school, and they are bloody everywhere, glad to see there is only a couple in the college I'm at who still don't have a clue

More
13 years 6 months ago #26162 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Yeah, there's quite a few girls ay my school that sort of experimented with being Gothic...even though what they were doing was technically more \"emo\". I am amongst the very small group of girls that have ALWAYS been Gothic.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 5 months ago #26692 by babygothic
in my country goth/punk not many :angry:

More
13 years 5 months ago #26779 by knumpcy
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

Here where I live, the Goth scene is rather subdued, it's mostly a mix of everything that comes under \"alternative\". There are still quite a few shops in Melbourne that sell AG jewelery as well as nice Gothic-style cothing.

The same is true for Lansing,MI...I have to travel almost an hour just to find something that relates to what I am use to...

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
13 years 5 months ago #26792 by Envy
:unsure: What irritates me is that there aren't more 'Camden Town's out there..I mean..There are a fair few Chinatowns in England and we're a small country. In my city, there's three Indian districts as well.

All of these areas come about just from lots of people having something in common, coming together and setting up shop. Dislike this comparison but - Similar to how the Jewish took Palestine - They just bought buildings, kept them within themselves, waited until other buildings were available to buy and then *bam* 50 years later, the place is pretty much all theirs. And that's a whole country we're talking about.

It astounds me that there haven't been 'gothic areas' set up. Where I live, there is a little street that's like the beginnings of an 'alternative' area - But it is just one little street out of many.

Just an image in my head I guess..Thought I'd share, in case it motivated anyone to group together and set up the beginnings of a gothic area..Would be great in England at the moment - Lots of shops are boarded up/out of business..*Hint*

*Peers around for investors* I know you're out there somewhere!

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds