Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

How's the Goth/Punk movement in your Town/City

More
13 years 6 months ago #26059 by Izcoatl
I would love to live there, here in Mexico we have 3 big underground bars in Mexico City, around 4 metal bars in all the sub-urban area and we're the biggest city in the world, i think thats a proportion of Goth/Dark/Punk to 500.000 normal persons haha

I know that Goth/Dark/Punk is a world wide movement, just that here in Mexico we're just a few ones
:(

Fire doesn't clean, it Blackens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26060 by black_magnolia
Izcoatl wrote:

I would love to live there, here in Mexico we have 3 big underground bars in Mexico City, around 4 metal bars in all the sub-urban area and we're the biggest city in the world, i think thats a proportion of Goth/Dark/Punk to 500.000 normal persons haha

I know that Goth/Dark/Punk is a world wide movement, just that here in Mexico we're just a few ones
:(

You shouldn't think about numbers but about quality.
In Zagreb there is a population of 1 million people, and there are maybe 5 bars that alternative people hang out, but it's not very strict so there are also a number of 'normal' people there too. There are 2 clubs that have parties and concerts, but also not exclusively gothic.
It's everything about a frame of mind and how much people try to make things better.
These last two years things have gotten a lot better, maybe it's also because some gothic attire (here I especially think about corsets and platform high-heels) have become popular also among mainstream people so the \"climate\" has a bit changed towards the better for goths...

(btw. Mexico City isn't even in the top 10 biggest cities in the world. The biggest city in the world is Shanghai, China.)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26063 by Keseluk
There isn't a single club around Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada that plays Gothic music, no radio stations, concerts, nothing. Hell, it's like it doesn't even exist I heard of one little shop that sells some AG stuff and other than that, he only way to get anything that isn't jeans and a plain T-shirt is online.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26116 by cemwerewolf
There isn't much of a goth club scene in Saskatoon either. There's a couple club nights a year that the local Goth Chapter puts on but that's about it. And our only goth shop / alchemy seller closed up shop almost a year ago. But you still see a fair number of people wandering about in gothically inclined attire.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26118 by Keseluk
Well we don't have many people dressed like Goths around here, a ton of emos and Punks though. Many of em think they are Goth, if you ask them what being Goth is about, they say Satanism or it is the same as being emo, a real piss off.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #26124 by Envy
Keseluk wrote:

Well we don't have many people dressed like Goths around here, a ton of emos and Punks though. Many of em think they are Goth, if you ask them what being Goth is about, they say Satanism or it is the same as being emo, a real piss off.

:P Ah. Kids go through that stage here during..Year 10-11, where they dress up and think that 'being Emo means doing this' or 'being Goth means doing that'. Once they reach year 12/13, you know who's being true to their nature and who only did it to 'fit in with the crowd'.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds