× All things Gothic.

What entices you to the gothic world?

More
10 years 10 months ago #25313 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:What entices you to the gothic world?
For me, I would have to say it's the clothing. Though my original reason for starting to get more into wearing them probably wasn't the best of them.

There's also the different kinds of literature and movies, however, I wouldn't personally say they attracted me to this \"world\" as you put it. I'll read and watch almost anything if I like the sound of it.

Though like Envy, I can get distracted by the clothing, and have paused some movies just to look at the clothes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Izcoatl
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
  • The Flint Snake - Mexican Pride
More
10 years 9 months ago #25852 by Izcoatl
Replied by Izcoatl on topic Re:What entices you to the gothic world?
Im my country is kinda rare to see a guy/girl dressed all over black clothes with a rare style, but after the boom of the Goth mode, the Goth/Punk movement stabilizes to create a \"special enviroment\", even with that the Goth/Dark/Punk movement is so influenced with the Europe Goth/Punk models, for example here in México a few years a go we didnt have a prominent band of Goth, until the few last years that appears some groups Anabantha is one of the famous ones, they already travel to Europe a couple times, in Literature unfortunately México's government seems to want stupid people, they remove essencial courses from elementary school, taking that apart it seems that the people around the Goth/Dark/Punk movement is very interested in Literature, myself i love to read every book who fall in my hands, i love to know new things about everything, i like ot see movies but definitely is not one of my influences (Action/War movies) yep USA has a lot of influence here in México, i prefer to go to Theatres, bu tthats expensive here in México :angry:

I just ask a favor if you could post some movies or books to read, i would be very grateful

Fire doesn't clean, it Blackens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #25872 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What entices you to the gothic world?
Izcoatl wrote:

I just ask a favor if you could post some movies or books to read, i would be very grateful


^.^ We have a few threads..If you have a look at the thread where we list what we're currently reading, you may get some ideas.

My personal recommendation would be classics..But that's just my taste in books.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Izcoatl
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
  • The Flint Snake - Mexican Pride
More
10 years 9 months ago #25874 by Izcoatl
Replied by Izcoatl on topic Re:What entices you to the gothic world?
Envy wrote:

Izcoatl wrote:

I just ask a favor if you could post some movies or books to read, i would be very grateful


^.^ We have a few threads..If you have a look at the thread where we list what we're currently reading, you may get some ideas.

My personal recommendation would be classics..But that's just my taste in books.


An example?

Fire doesn't clean, it Blackens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #25876 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:What entices you to the gothic world?
www.alchemygothic.com/alchemy-gothic-for...6-gothic-movies.html

There's a few movies there.

www.alchemygothic.com/alchemy-gothic-for...rrently-reading.html

There is where we list what we are reading.

Though, for future reference, I suggest using the search function to look for things. It is easier on you and us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Izcoatl
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
  • The Flint Snake - Mexican Pride
More
10 years 9 months ago #25877 by Izcoatl
Replied by Izcoatl on topic Re:What entices you to the gothic world?
Kuroboshi wrote:

www.alchemygothic.com/alchemy-gothic-for...6-gothic-movies.html

There's a few movies there.

www.alchemygothic.com/alchemy-gothic-for...rrently-reading.html

There is where we list what we are reading.

Though, for future reference, I suggest using the search function to look for things. It is easier on you and us.


Thank you im not used to this kind of forum :)

Fire doesn't clean, it Blackens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
cookies disabled

To purchase Alchemy Gothic products visit the Alchemy Dealer List - Trade Customers visit www.alchemyengland.com
Copyright Alchemy Carta Ltd. Alchemy Gothic is a registered Trademark, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Site MapFriends of Alchemy.