Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

What entices you to the gothic world?

More
13 years 1 month ago #30812 by firensia
The Victorian Era is quite nice as well. I like the decor and some of the fashion from that period.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31363 by devinlucane
the reason why i am drawn to the gothic culture is because of romanticism behind the art and the art it self but also the darkness draws me to it. I have always like edgar allen poe and the dark poetry and never ingored it. I have accpeted it as part of me.

I just love the poetry and the beauty behind the darkness and i always like not knowing behind the unknown.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #31444 by Erus Draco
I think my main interests in the gothic world stem mostly from my interests in the supernatural and the occult. Adding to this my love of gothic architecture and art especially the incorporation of dragons and other mythical creatures. As I started to study philosophy, I found myself to be very nihilistic but in a way that makes the meaninglessness of life empowering. This brought me even closer to the hedonistic nihilism portrayed in many gothic works, as one chooses their own pleasures and purposes to pursue even though there is no defined reason to live. Even though I do not fully fall into the cultural aspect of the gothic world, I greatly admire the ways in which the darkness is filled.

More
12 years 10 months ago #32929 by diEoxidE
Mostly born from a fascination with skulls and the extremes I guess. The architecture and design style holds great interest to me as well as the subject matter it deals with. Most of it is usually borderline taboo for normal society which interests me greatly. The music has also held an interesting sway out of it and the notion that people do as will, unrestrained by societal preessures or norms.

Do You Derive From The Chaos Of My Mind?

More
12 years 10 months ago #33057 by AngelusSilenti
A multitude of things drew me into it. Friends I have within the scene, a love for the supernatural and the macabre which I've had for as long as I can remember. It's the aesthetics and the fashion. I love seeing the fruits of creativity apparent in the the clothing and make up of those within the goth subculture. The music as I am a music fiend and J O'Barr's The Crow played a huge role with it's themes of love and revenge.

If you have no one to blame but yourself then clearly you need to stop doing things alone.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35078 by ImmortalRosencroix
I would have to say it is a veritable combination of numerous aspects all ranging from the beautiful music style that embodies elegance into a darker realm of imagination, the creative artwork that likens pain to a rare and beautiful masterpiece, the close proximity to the supernatural aspects of every day life, and the unique writing style of the macabre and misunderstood.

Did I mention that the clothes are awesome too? >^-^<

"Stulum est timere quod vitare non potes" - It is foolish to fear what you cannot avoid.

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds