Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

What entices you to the gothic world?

More
13 years 3 months ago #28169 by nwbevk
I think I was born into being gothic. Between mom and my older sister, it's all I've really known. All three of us still haver very similar interests and thought patterns, all fitting into the gothic lifestyle and mentality. The only arguement is vampire (sis), werewolf (me), or dragon (mom)? ^__^ And I love it, wouldn't change a thing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28174 by Envy
Hehe..Dragon-mother just makes me think of my mother..As she was born in the year of the dragon. :woohoo:

To be honest, my family isn't really gothically inclined, however, my mother has always loved books on Victorians etc..I think that's part of where my influences come from and it's why she doesn't mind me buying EGL dresses... She used to make me read incessantly as a child and I don't hate her for it. :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #30722 by firensia
I love everything about the gothic subculture. The music, literature, aesthetic, historical associations... No one in my family is gothic. However, after reading an Egdar Allan Poe story when I was 14, I just fell in love with his writing. Soon after, I discovered gothic bands and realized that this was the way for me. I had always been interested in the Medieval and Victorian eras since I was a child but when I discovered the philosophy and true meaning behind the goth subculture, it was as if I had finally found my place. All of my interests were represented and it just fit my personality as well.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
13 years 1 month ago #30740 by Envy
:P Intriguing.

Curious about what interests you about the Medieval era? I always associated it with bawdy jokes, loud feasts, crusades, chivalry and that kind of thing..Oh. And crumhorns..Never really interested me all that much.

More
13 years 1 month ago #30756 by firensia
I think the irony of it. In literature and film, it is heavily romanticized, such as in the legend of King Arthur and Camelot, and yet, it was one of the darkest times in history, what with the Crusades and beginning of the Witch Hunts. I also like the fashion and architecture. I visited a couple medieval castles and was just astounded by the ingenuity of the people who designed and constructed them. To think that those castles were built hundreds of years ago and are still as imposing today as they were back then. I suppose I would be similarly awestruck if I visited the pyramids in Egypt.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
13 years 1 month ago #30807 by Envy
:P Hm. I never thought of it that way before.

Elements of the Medieval era are quite intriguing..But Medieval literature and music are probably the only interests I'll really have in that period. I'll always prefer the Victorian era overall, for things like fashion and architecture etc.

^.^ I was just curious. It's nice to see another view.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds