Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Does people tease you because your style of life?

More
13 years 7 months ago #24514 by Morgana
Serpenvicis, you may have to tolerate more of the same even in high school. In my experience, people do tend to be a little bit more tolerant once they reach high school, just from being a few years older. But there are still more or less the same groups of people... jocks, geeks, metalheads, etc. The good thing is that there are more people in high school, so you'll have a better chance of finding people you really like to hang out with.

Try not to let them get you down too much, although I know that's easier said than done!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #24958 by Envy
Hmm..Not so much teased, but I recall just last week or so..My partner and I were out in town only at..10pm ish?

Bunch of drunk men started shouting all sorts, trying to provoke a fight basically, judging us by how we dressed, following us for a bit etc.

Ugh. Hate the city at night.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25665 by Zenith
People around here tend to shout things at you and I've heard it all : satanist, satan, metallica, look, a girl with a shaved head and so on and sometimes they simply make noises when you pass them by but I just ignore rude people. Yet last week I almost rolled on the street laughing as a religious fanatic methinks called me an \"accursed wretch\"...well, something like that... he used Biblical terms that I can't translate into English

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
13 years 6 months ago #25673 by Serpenvicis
I get used to teasing now. But sometimes it can really hurt when even your \"friends\" tease you. But I don't consider them as my real friends. Not anymore.

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25694 by Envy
Zenith wrote:

People around here tend to shout things at you and I've heard it all : satanist, satan, metallica, look, a girl with a shaved head and so on and sometimes they simply make noises when you pass them by but I just ignore rude people. Yet last week I almost rolled on the street laughing as a religious fanatic methinks called me an \"accursed wretch\"...well, something like that... he used Biblical terms that I can't translate into English

Oh that's all too familiar! There's religious nuts in the centre of my city EVERY weekend, trying to preach to the passers-by. It's even funnier when there's one group for Christianity and one group for Islam preaching on the same turf. A fight nearly broke out once. Recall one was telling me something like 'God would forgive me if I gave up my ways', or something along those lines. It was ridiculous and I never bothered to give it much thought, hence my memory being rather crap right now.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25697 by Morgana
Serpenvicis wrote:

I get used to teasing now. But sometimes it can really hurt when even your \"friends\" tease you. But I don't consider them as my real friends. Not anymore.

I'm so sorry to hear that! I went through pretty much the same thing at elementary school (that's up to about age 12 here). Any time someone wanted to come over to my house, it was just to find out something more about me that they could all pick on. A bit of gentle teasing among friends is OK, but if they're really giving you a hard time then they're not real friends, and I'm glad you can recognize that.

Try to tough it out, and you know you can always come here to chat with more kindred spirits.

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds