Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Does people tease you because your style of life?

More
13 years 9 months ago #22888 by scootiebee
I was gossiping with the other moms this morning while waiting for the camp buses to return our children. Apparently another mom got a letter from her daughter during the week that several of her camp counselors were \"goth\" and that upset her. I pointed to myself (wearing an ankle-length black skirt, with black and white striped frilly collar sleeveless blouse, complete with black and white parasol), and said, I am a little goth, I would have loved it. The other moms thought it was funny, and told me that they thought my dress was beautiful. So even the beach scene people can admire a nice outfit, even if it is dark and goth.

And so happy, Lucy wants stripey socks, fingerless gloves, and several plaid skirts for her birthday (which is July 27). Oh, and anything black. *grin*

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22904 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

I was gossiping with the other moms this morning while waiting for the camp buses to return our children. Apparently another mom got a letter from her daughter during the week that several of her camp counselors were \"goth\" and that upset her. I pointed to myself (wearing an ankle-length black skirt, with black and white striped frilly collar sleeveless blouse, complete with black and white parasol), and said, I am a little goth, I would have loved it. The other moms thought it was funny, and told me that they thought my dress was beautiful. So even the beach scene people can admire a nice outfit, even if it is dark and goth.

And so happy, Lucy wants stripey socks, fingerless gloves, and several plaid skirts for her birthday (which is July 27). Oh, and anything black. *grin*

It's strange how other people's children seem scared of the more gothically inclined..But I guess it's always good to break stereotypes.

Once again - I envy you for having such a lucky match with your daughter! I'd love to have a child which shared an unusual fashion taste with me. :) I can imagine it to be so much fun finding clothes for her and making her look adorably gothic..

More
13 years 9 months ago #23126 by Yoru Kurosawa
It is that exact reason that I envy (no pun intended) female goths. I have a difficult time finding good goth clothes, particularly shirts. I love clothes with intricate patterns. One of my favorite shirts is a black long-sleeve with a vine pattern on the shoulder and an emblem on the opposite hip. I wish I could find more things like that.

Concerning the topic question, I've had people tease me when I was in high school, but no one bothers with that now that I'm in college. It's actually really funny because I get more people complimenting my style than persecuting me for it. I wear Tripp pants, and every so often, I hear someone say, \"I like your/his pants!\" Last time it happened, I was at a zoo with a little kid wowing at my pants.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23195 by Envy
Yoru Kurosawa wrote:

It is that exact reason that I envy (no pun intended) female goths. I have a difficult time finding good goth clothes, particularly shirts. I love clothes with intricate patterns. One of my favorite shirts is a black long-sleeve with a vine pattern on the shoulder and an emblem on the opposite hip. I wish I could find more things like that.

Concerning the topic question, I've had people tease me when I was in high school, but no one bothers with that now that I'm in college. It's actually really funny because I get more people complimenting my style than persecuting me for it. I wear Tripp pants, and every so often, I hear someone say, \"I like your/his pants!\" Last time it happened, I was at a zoo with a little kid wowing at my pants.

Hah, I agree that finding gothic men's clothing is awfully difficult, especially if you're picky. I swear they're all more expensive as well, which makes shopping for men's clothing infuriating!

I think by the time everyone reaches the college stage, people just accept that we're all individuals and each one of us has our own interests. I think I've mentioned it many times before - I don't get as many problems now I'm in college. I can't wait to get to university though. I think leaving my hometown and heading off to university would be the final step to just shedding all of the people I've known from my childhood, all the prejudices people have had against me and just being completely myself without feeling as if I'm always being judged, e.g. by people who used to bully me.

Only time will tell, eh.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24411 by Serpenvicis
I'm still at primary school [probably youngest here at AG Forum], and I really can't wait to move out of this school to High school. I hope there'll gain friends who will not judge me because of the clothes or lifestyle.
But, until then, I need to survive one more year at my current school. :huh:

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24416 by Kuroboshi
Serpenvicis, I don't mean to put you off and this may not be true for all places...

However, people will still judge you based on clothing and such into High School. At the very least, you're going to stand out and have people looking at you. Happens to me every time I go up town, even felt a little uncomfortable once when it felt like most of the people there were looking.

Anyway, the important thing is to not let what people say get to you. Hell, you may even meet others with the same interests as you. :)

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds