Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Does people tease you because your style of life?

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #22217 by Envy
Serpenvicis wrote:

I respect myself and my attitude for my self is good. I am not ashamed to wear what I like. But I just don't like parasols. Maybe the reason is that I am too lazy to hold something in my arms. I also don't like umbrellas.

Aah sometimes I hate holding things like umbrellas as well, but when it comes right down to it, I hate the weather more than I hate holding something up.

Sometimes it's nice to just walk in the rain, but if it's pouring, my fringe generally dislikes staying in a good position and as a consequence I'm blinded by hair, rain and come home looking like a drowned rat. :S

I think generally parasols do seem to attract more attention than usual just because of the sheer size of them. Yet again, the same levels of attention happen when I wear little top hats. I often get compliments, but yes, lots more people notice how 'unusually dressed' I am. I think I prefer darker parasols, just because it looks more like an umbrella and therefore isn't so eye-catching. :P
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Envy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22290 by scootiebee
I can't stand carrying stuff, to the point that as often as possible I don't even carry a purse, but a little bag on my belt. I even clip my car keys and umbrella to my belt. I look like I am going on an expedition, but my hands are free. But even more than carrying something, I hate the feeling of the sun on my skin. Icky. So it is worth carrying the parasols for me. Plus, people often see them and know exactly who I am from a great distance, like across a parking lot or a crowded park.

I can understand not wanting to lug them around, though. And I do often feel a little silly carrying it when I am parked less than a 30 second walk to the entrance to a shop. I will carry it if I will be outside much longer than that, though.

And I do get stopped more often when I am wearing a top hat, also. And I still have a hard time feeling confident in a black and white mini-tricorn hat I bought a few months ago. I just haven't had enough chances to wear it to feel very comfortable in it. It is just so much froofier than my top hat (which also is covered in feathers and flowers to match what I am wearing). I need more hats.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #22294 by Serpenvicis
I also like belt bags, and I just adore pants with many pockets, because I often carry a lot of equipment like Swiss Knife, pocket lamp,few karabiners, piece of rope etc... I need all that because I do mountaineering, so it is logical that I need to have free arms. :cheer:

P.S.- I think we turned off the topic

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Serpenvicis.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22699 by gothic-grace
Im kinda a little outcasted at college because of the way i am and my style, i only really have my rocker boyfriend and one \"normal\" friend. But things are getting better as i get older and when i get kids coming up to me and saying \"are you a goth\" i just reply \"no i just like black\" lol

More
13 years 9 months ago #22818 by scootiebee
Like I have said before, I am referred to as \"The Goth Lady\" by kids I know, and most of them think it is cool. I wear whatever I like, and it makes me happy. It is hard to tease a happy person.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #22825 by Envy
gothic-grace wrote:

Im kinda a little outcasted at college because of the way i am and my style, i only really have my rocker boyfriend and one \"normal\" friend. But things are getting better as i get older and when i get kids coming up to me and saying \"are you a goth\" i just reply \"no i just like black\" lol

Oh I understand completely. :P In my college, there are no gothically inclined people who express themselves through lifestyle and what they wear etc. Only skaterish people and one couple who I'm not even sure what they like. They seem to alternate between slightly gothic/punk styled things. I'm the only oddball to express myself fully in regards to what I wear etc.

Regardless of what people wear anyway, I've found a great deal of people who are a little gothically inclined inside, in regards to clothing anyway. You generally will if you get to know people, especially if they appreciate your 'look'. A few of the people I hang around with love the look of corsets but never dared to get one prior to meeting me. I gave a bit of encouragement and now I have several friends who will come in to college once in a while in a lightly boned corset, just for the aesthetics. Ordinarily, they just wear 'normal'/'scene' ish clothing. ^.^ I recall making the point that wearing a corset, regardless of boning type, gives quite a nice warm-hug feeling, and they found that to be true once they tried a corset on.

:P You'd be surprised at what you can find if you just get to know people. You won't 'convert' them but you could introduce them to new things that you enjoy, which could encourage them in turn to express what they really feel inside. I know my current partner didn't dare to truly express his taste in clothing until he met me and gained confidence.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds