Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Does people tease you because your style of life?

More
13 years 10 months ago #20924 by scootiebee
Lucy got in trouble at school today for calling some kid \"dumbo\" or something like that. She got punished! But she said the kid had called her names all morning, and ended up calling her ugly and saying \"you suck.\" Well, we told her that next time he bothers her, she should smile and thank him, say something sickeningly polite. We all had a good laugh about it, but I think she will be able to handle it better next time.

Sadly, in 10-year-old boys, being teasing to a girl often means they like her. So we told her to either be sickeningly polite, or respond \"I feel the same about you.\" She can't get in trouble for politeness! ;) But she was appalled at the thought that this kid might like her. HA!

I often respond in just that way to people who are upset with my appearance. Someone will make a comment about my clothing, and I will respond as if they had given me a gushing compliment! :) Always works for me.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #20972 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

Lucy got in trouble at school today for calling some kid \"dumbo\" or something like that. She got punished! But she said the kid had called her names all morning, and ended up calling her ugly and saying \"you suck.\" Well, we told her that next time he bothers her, she should smile and thank him, say something sickeningly polite. We all had a good laugh about it, but I think she will be able to handle it better next time.

Sadly, in 10-year-old boys, being teasing to a girl often means they like her. So we told her to either be sickeningly polite, or respond \"I feel the same about you.\" She can't get in trouble for politeness! ;) But she was appalled at the thought that this kid might like her. HA!

I often respond in just that way to people who are upset with my appearance. Someone will make a comment about my clothing, and I will respond as if they had given me a gushing compliment! :) Always works for me.

Yes. :P A simple solution. It's surprising how that works no matter what your age is.

It's not just 10 year old boys which do that - Surprisingly, I found out that the reason this guy was bullying a friend of mine in year 11 (where everyone's aged 15-16) was because he fancied her and she just wasn't interested. He ended up bullying her to the point where she was skipping school etc.

Bah. Some people really are 'late bloomers'.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 10 months ago #20987 by Serpenvicis
Envy wrote:

scootiebee wrote:

Yes. :P A simple solution. It's surprising how that works no matter what your age is.

It's not just 10 year old boys which do that - Surprisingly, I found out that the reason this guy was bullying a friend of mine in year 11 (where everyone's aged 15-16) was because he fancied her and she just wasn't interested. He ended up bullying her to the point where she was skipping school etc.

Bah. Some people really are 'late bloomers'.

There are few similar boys in my school. They pick on one girl, and they even fight eachother for that girl, but sad is , that girl doesn't fancy any of them.

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21010 by Morgana
Something else to consider... when people tease you, it's because they want a reaction from you. The more you react (get mad, cry, whatever), the more they'll tease you. If you can manage not to react to them, they'll get bored and stop teasing you before too long.

Again, I know that's easier said than done, but see if you can give it a try.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21021 by CorpseQueen
I've heard it a lot, and tried it a lot, but I can say that it doesn't always work. Especially if the guy likes the girl, I guess he'll continue anyway.
Myself, I never noticed much difference when ignoring them, but may work in many other cases. I haven't been bullied much in my time anyway, so not that experienced, but usually a nice smile and the like will confuse them enough to stop :blush:
Guess all are different, so you just have to try your own way, what you may be able to do and so on. Not all are able to ignore or compliment, and not all will respond to it as you think

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
13 years 10 months ago #21039 by scootiebee
I did tell Lucy that her reaction is what keeps the kid coming back to bother her. Oddly, I sat next to that kid on the school bus all the way to Annapolis a few days ago. He wasn't thrilled about it, but I think he figured out that I am not to be messed with. Apparently he did not bother her today, which she was totally shocked about. :) The power of the gothy, freaky mom! :)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds