Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Healing stones and crystals

More
13 years 10 months ago #22079 by cemwerewolf
Although I do believe in the power of such things as crystals, I realize that there are those who don't. But I have often made gifts of stones to these people to help them through various things and they have accepted them gratefully. Sometimes it isn't belief in the actual thing that helps, but having something tangible, something you can hold, that tells you that you will make it through this trial.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22102 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Envy wrote:

iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

For my exams I wore a mixture of Tiger's Eye, Amethyst and Emerald.

I wish I had noticed this thread earlier before my exams all finished!

Even if I am doubtful of healing powers, the chance of any kind of extra help would've been nice during the exam period. :P Ah well. I know for next time at least, and that should be in 6 months' time.

It's always good to be prepared! :)

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 10 months ago #22127 by Morgana
cemwerewolf wrote:

Although I do believe in the power of such things as crystals, I realize that there are those who don't. But I have often made gifts of stones to these people to help them through various things and they have accepted them gratefully. Sometimes it isn't belief in the actual thing that helps, but having something tangible, something you can hold, that tells you that you will make it through this trial.

That definitely makes sense. And even if the person receiving the gift doesn't necessarily believe in it, they know that you do, and know the spirit in which it was given. So subconsciously, they could benefit from it as well.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #22236 by black_magnolia
I've been to my local supplier yesterday for a chrysoprase and rutilated quartz. I wanted to get them both with holes so I can wear them round my neck, but they only had the chrysoprase already with a hole, and getting the quartz drilled would cost me 40$ at a jeweller, which is three times the cost of the stone itself!!!
Does anyone have a good idea what should I do? I know a woman that does wire wrapping (here's the link to her works so you have an idea), but I'm too lazy to contact her and then wait till she makes a pendant out of my stone... I thought about carying it around in a pouch, but I lose my stones like that. I had a tiger's eye in my pocket and lost it in my apartment, just recently have I found it stuck between two books (no idea how it got there)...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia. Reason: edited link

More
13 years 10 months ago #22238 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Healing stones and crystals
Going to be quite difficult to wear a stone without drilling it really..Is there no chance of you finding some wire and just getting a pair of pliers and working on some kind of 'cage' or 'wire wrap' yourself?

The link hasn't worked so I'm not certain what kind of wire wrapping you mean. :unsure: But if you do decide to grab some pliers, it's a tip to stick some cellotape over the corrugated parts to stop it from scratching the metal of the wire.

The only other option I could see in my head at the moment is almost mummifying the stone tightly in a thin leather cord or something and then making that into a necklace.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #22240 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Going to be quite difficult to wear a stone without drilling it really..Is there no chance of you finding some wire and just getting a pair of pliers and working on some kind of 'cage' or 'wire wrap' yourself?

The link hasn't worked so I'm not certain what kind of wire wrapping you mean. :unsure: But if you do decide to grab some pliers, it's a tip to stick some cellotape over the corrugated parts to stop it from scratching the metal of the wire.

The only other option I could see in my head at the moment is almost mummifying the stone tightly in a thin leather cord or something and then making that into a necklace.

I thought about doing it myself but I never did any wire wraping and till I get it to look right I'll lose my nerves... I'm too much of a perfectionists for tjis kind of work and I don't really have the time because of exam season. :(

I fixed the link, so now you should be able to have a look...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds