Show Navigation Menu

How was your day?

More
11 years 10 months ago #38269 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: How was your day?
Get well soon and good luck with the exam!

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #38277 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: How was your day?
@ Black magnolia

Good luck with the exam to day - fingers crossed :lol:

More
11 years 10 months ago #38279 by black_magnolia
Thanks girls! :) It's at 2 pm today. Last minute revisions and I hope I don't break down in tears today... Gonna be a tiresome day...

Hope you guys have a good day! :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
11 years 10 months ago #38284 by black_magnolia
I've been refreshing the uni's webpage most of the day waiting for the results of the exam. Obviously I'm quite nervous today. :S
I still have an oral interrogation left before I can say I've passed the exam; that'll probably be sometime Monday or Tuesday - they'll announce the exact time with the results of the written part, that's the reason I'm so looking forward to the results, but I'm also dreading them. Some of the questions on the test were ridiculous! I'm still trying to find one answer in my books, and I'm pretty sure there is not even a word about it there. :(

And eternity in an hour.

More
11 years 9 months ago #38332 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: How was your day?
Got back from the Toon Town Summer Pagan Festival a couple days ago (it took me a few days to get functional enough to reach the computer!) and it was a blast!

The first day was spent getting the campsite all set up in spectacular weather (it poured all weekend last year) and then getting reaquainted with all the wonderful people I've gotten to know over previous fests. We did our opening circle cast, had a wonderful dinner of souvlaki and , as it was the fests tenth anniversary, we're treated to a telling of the fests origins by the founders. This was all topped off with a spectacular fireworks display. The rest of the evening was spent around the campfire sharing stories and having a drumming circle.

Day two opened with more beautiful weather. After breakfast we had another circle cast after which we were given a commemorative gift (a pewter pendant with the fest logo on it) and then went into the day's first craft of rattles. This was followed by our first guest speaker who demonstrated crystal singing bowls - a very relaxing and meditative demonstration I might add. After lunch we each made a scrapbook page to display this years fest (the organizers create a scrapbook for each year) and then had our second guest speaker, a local shaman, who walked us through a ritual to celebrate the fest's tenth anniversary. After this we were given the opportunity to paint our rattles from earlier on or spend a little more time with the shaman as he told a story from the shamanic oral tradition. I chose the later and enjoyed it thouroughly. After this we went into dinner and enother wonderful evening about the campfire with drumming circles, story telling and more time catching up with friends. The only downside to the day were the continuous tick checks. With how wet the weather was so far this year, lots of people were finding these little buggers on them. Luckily I escaped such a fate . . .

The second day dawned chilly but heated up fast. The campsite started breaking down with the early birds like me around 5:30 am. After breakfast we had a final circle cast and a group photo to commemorate the anniversary. Then it was time for merchants row! It took me forever to set up (with having been off for two weeks with my knee surgery I got a lot of product made) but the festive folks really seemed to enjoy my wares. I made a couple sales and picked up some goodies myself. Once the shopping was done, I packed up all my product and helped the planning commitee to tear down the sight.

Once home, with the car unpacked, I collapsed. It was an amazingly fun weekend but I'm exhausted and still recuperating! :laugh:

More
11 years 9 months ago #38333 by black_magnolia
cemwerewolf, that sounds like such a great weekend! I wish we had such a festival in my country. :)

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds