Show Navigation Menu

What's your most recent purchase? (Non-Alchemy)

More
10 years 8 months ago #39472 by Madam_Mim
cemwerewolf wrote:

Just got home from a heck of an awesome shopping spree! Found out there's an auction house about ten blocks from my place that has a sale every Wednesday night. I left with a cameo locket, compass, glass oil lamp, case clock (which will be dissected into a steam punk project) and an old box style camera that, if I can't get it to work, will be gutted and made into a handbag. All of it for under $50 and now I have lots of projects to work on. Yay!

I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of your steampunk project :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #39479 by cemwerewolf
Madam_Mim wrote:

cemwerewolf wrote:

Just got home from a heck of an awesome shopping spree! Found out there's an auction house about ten blocks from my place that has a sale every Wednesday night. I left with a cameo locket, compass, glass oil lamp, case clock (which will be dissected into a steam punk project) and an old box style camera that, if I can't get it to work, will be gutted and made into a handbag. All of it for under $50 and now I have lots of projects to work on. Yay!

I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of your steampunk project :lol:

Well, I'm afraid it's going to be a bit. I am actually in the process of creating a full on Steampunk outfit for a party a friend of mine is throwing next year and I'm having trouble staying on one piece at a time. So it might be a while before I have any one piece finished. But I promise I'll post pics once I get something finished.

More
10 years 6 months ago #39538 by black_magnolia
I've done a lot of shopping today, partly because I needed some stuff, partly because I needed a pick-me up. (Had an exam today and the last few days were really difficult...)
Bought 3 t-shirts, a sweater and a blouse. Was pretty cheap stuff, so I didn't really spend too much. Rest was groceries (indulged in buying some sweets and snacks) and some stationery.

I'm a bit annoyed with the sizing and cuts in H&M. Tried a load of stuff there, most stuff I ended up needing a size smaller (or two) then I usually wear, and I mean, I didn't really lose any weight in the last few months (I gained some, but lost it all again)... urgh. Got three items there, and thinking about returning at least one now... :huh: Friends said I should keep everything, that I can pull it off etc. Will see.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
10 years 3 months ago #39633 by black_magnolia
*BUMP* - totally shamelessly :P

so, I've done quite some shopping this month, as everyone, I'm sure. ;)
Got Xmas cards (which I've already sent out), sweets and little gifts/stocking-filler stuff for my friends. Bunch of stuff really, would take too long to list. :woohoo: Also bought some xmas decoration and decorated my apartment (nothing spectacular, no tree, just hung some stuff up to brighten things up).
Bought some clothing for myself because it was on sale, nothing special, just usual basic stuff for everyday, because I've got rid of 6 shopping bags full of old clothing (donated it), so needed some new stuff. Did buy more colored items then usual, to mix things up a bit with layering. :silly:

And eternity in an hour.

More
10 years 3 months ago #39642 by iHauntTheSepulchre
I bought a bunch of essential oils - lemon, peppermint, and myrrh. The latter cost me a small fortune but it smells lovely.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
10 years 3 months ago #39647 by black_magnolia
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

I bought a bunch of essential oils - lemon, peppermint, and myrrh. The latter cost me a small fortune but it smells lovely.

Oh, tell me about it. :woohoo: Some oils are crazy expensive when compared to the more common/easier to produce ones. I was happy I had a coupon code when I was buying oils a couple of months back. Tee-tree cost me triple the amount I paid for any of the other ones.

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds