Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

PSP or Nintendo DS

More
13 years 9 months ago #22306 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:PSP or Nintendo DS
Kuroboshi wrote:

PSP for sure.

Haven't had a chance to really play a game I like on the DS, my brother owns one but we're too different.

Get a Legend of Zelda game! :P My *favourite*. Although admittedly, I preferred the old LoZ games which were on a gameboy and don't work on a DS. The DS LoZ games don't seem to have many hours of gameplay and seem to be a lot easier to complete..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22317 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:PSP or Nintendo DS
Still haven't completed Link's Awakening. Mainly annoyed at attempting to get the Level 2 Sword.

I'd love to get a LoZ game for the DS, but it's my brother's DS and he isn't into those games. -.-

More
13 years 9 months ago #22362 by Malkie
Replied by Malkie on topic Re:PSP or Nintendo DS
Hello world

I must say i can't do either? i suppose i'd rather the DSI if i could it does look more fun but the psp looks to me like a portable paper weight.

Which has better games? or are they about the same?

More
13 years 9 months ago #22374 by Kuroboshi
I'd recommend the DS Lite over the DSi, backwards compatibility to an extent on the DS Lite, plus you can use R4 cards if you do that sort of thing.

As for better games, that's highly based on opinion. I prefer the PSP for some of the games on it (Tekken, Crisis Core, Dissidia and Final Fantasy). However, there's games you may prefer on the DS. We just don't know which is better for you.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22383 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:PSP or Nintendo DS
Malkie wrote:

Hello world

I must say i can't do either? i suppose i'd rather the DSI if i could it does look more fun but the psp looks to me like a portable paper weight.

Which has better games? or are they about the same?

Have you ever played on an old-school gameboy? I find most DS games are just like gameboy games, hence why I'm much better at them. :P PSP games are a lot more console-y in my opinion..Err..Kinda like games on the PS3? Not as simple to control (to me anyway).

Difficult to explain.

As far as design goes, I think I prefer the DS as well. PSPs do feel extremely easy to drop compared to a DS or gameboy. I dislike how you stick in games into the PSP as well. The fact you just flip open the side makes me feel that it could be easily broken as compared to a DS where you slot in a game.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22394 by Kuroboshi
Going to be pretty hard to break the part of the PSP where you insert the game, you'd need to mean to do it with quite a bit of force.

To put it basically, the PSP is a portable media centre. Able to play music, movies and games. I'm 60% certain you can play movies from a memory stick, as long as they are in the correct format.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds