Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

PSP or Nintendo DS

More
13 years 9 months ago #22854 by gothic-grace
Replied by gothic-grace on topic Re:PSP or Nintendo DS
DS all the way! I've just bought a DSi and i love it! Although i suppose my \"vote\" as it were, isnt entirely fair as i've never had a chance to play on a PSP :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22943 by Zilknitha
Replied by Zilknitha on topic Re:PSP or Nintendo DS
All votes are fair as it's your honest opinion. I only really get to \"seriously\" play the nintendo ds and have the rare shot on a freinds psp, i find the ds games are good to relax into...apart from cooking mama. I have never been so stressed playing a game, and how can anyone fail at cutting a carrot? I regret to say that i spent 5 hours on the one recipe trying to get the gold coin needed to complete the game. Alas. In answer to earlyier comments, i also like the design of the ds and the fact it looks alot less breakible than the psp. I watched my freind drop his and the shock feeling that ran though the nerves as the sceen shattered was very painful.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23000 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:PSP or Nintendo DS
Kuroboshi wrote:

Going to be pretty hard to break the part of the PSP where you insert the game, you'd need to mean to do it with quite a bit of force.

Oh I don't know..It seems very fragile. I've been playing on the PSP a lot more recently and when I hold it, the panels at the back seem..Shaky? As if they're not quite in place and feel a bit loose. They make a slightly loose, rattling noise sometimes whilst you're just holding it, and I've checked that they're actually all fitted in properly. (I don't even know if the two panels to the side of where you put the UMD in open up at all, but they sound loose-ish anyway).

My PSP is a new one as well, so the loose-feeling it isn't through wear-and-tear. We have a second PSP bought as a Christmas present for a cousin hidden away somewhere, so I could search that out and check to see if it has the same loose feel and confirm it isn't just my PSP being abnormal. I do like the strange little joystick thing on a PSP though. I thought that was pretty clever.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23003 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:PSP or Nintendo DS
One panel should feel shaky because it covers the battery. That's the one below the R button.

The one under L...If that's shaky on yours, then it's a problem with your system. Mine is solid.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23039 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:PSP or Nintendo DS
Ah, the second PSP (the one for my cousin) is actually the older version. The one I'm currently using, which has the strange, loose panels at the back, is a PSP slim.

With the older PSP - it's not noticibly slimmer but it is a little heavier, however, despite panels opening up at the back the same way as the slim PSP, it's a *lot* more sturdy with no looseness at all. The slot where the UMD goes into is also a lot more secure than in the slim PSP and I've noticed there are extra buttons e.g. eject buttons. The slim version of the PSP doesn't appear to have these. If it does, then damn, that's news to me. :woohoo:

Overall, the older PSP feels a lot less breakable.

I guess the joystick thing is nice because things are 3D..But it can be a pain at times. I think I'd probably still vote for a DS/gameboy now that I've had a thorough go with both types of console.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds