Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

The Sims - what else?

More
14 years 2 months ago #14216 by CorpseQueen
I've always been playing Sims, ever since we got it through a clothing-store, when you bought for more then 500kr... it was that or some childs-thing, and no one really knew what The Sims was then (it has just come out I do believe). Everyone, except dad, gathered around mother to tell her what to do and where to click when she began testing it out.

Remember once, when we had one computer and Windows XP was still far away (from us at least) and I was playing Sims, and my girl found a nice-looking guy, which she fell in love with and married and he moved into the same house as her and her... sister, or such.
Later, my sister got to play, and after a little while she came rushing down the stairs and shouted at me, because I had stolen her husband... :blink:

Now I'm once again addicted to Sims, much because I finally moved my family and realized the game wasn't boring - the house was. And now I'm happy, raising the third genenration (second generation of vampires...)

A while ago I also realized that the game was much more important to me then I thought - it's a way to keep my imagination going. I make stories for all my little ones, and when I can't do that, I got a hard time writing. And as I'm now trying to become a real-time writer, I'm also addicted to The Sims... (only the second so far, my computer isn't as sophisticated).

I believe at least some of you've tried it... what's your thoughts, and what fun stories from the game have you to share?

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14220 by Kyle87
Replied by Kyle87 on topic Re:The Sims - what else?
well i play the second one and also pets...
on second almost unlocked all things on freeplay gonna do story mode. (kims completed it though and cast away)
so far i just play to unlock everything then maybe i dunno see where it goes. we enjoy killing people in fires or poisoned food and such.

haven't played 3 yet, looks of i read a review on it looks much better than 2
can't wait to get it to be honest

More
14 years 2 months ago #14241 by black_magnolia
I have 1 with all the expansion packs and 2 with one expansion missing. I haven't played it in ages, but usually when I started I was hooked for days. I rather enjoyed building houses then playing with my sims.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14245 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:The Sims - what else?
Wat else?

Nespresso?...

Where is George?...

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14246 by Bpagemom
Replied by Bpagemom on topic Re:The Sims - what else?
I used to play SIMS quite a bit. Then I was introduced to Second Life. Now, I'm addicted to that, and it's got more flexibility, options and realistic things.

"You have no power over me"

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #14284 by Entwine
Replied by Entwine on topic Re:The Sims - what else?
I'm not a big sims fan at all, but there is a very funny quote about sims on bash.org :

#58620 +(854)- [X]
<Arcturus|BuF> The Sims is the only game where you can kill someone by trapping them between strategically placed toilets
:laugh:

As I was sitting on my chair
I knew the bottom wasn't there
Nor legs, nor back, but I just sat
Ignoring little things like that
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Entwine.

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds