Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Emily The Strange

More
14 years 4 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #8139 by vampirelycanthrope13
Any other fans of the emily the strange art, clothes and slogans etc. ?

I discovered the brand a while back, but have become a fan of the artwork designs and some of the funny slogans with the pictures.

What do you guys think of it?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #8148 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Emily
I was always a fan of it but sadly its pretty much just a female store. No guy stuff there. I like the pics of Emily and her cat though. I have a few in my room.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 3 months ago #9661 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Emily
I have quite a lot of Emily the Strange clothing. :P I saw a few tops with images based on Alice in Wonderland before - Really gutted that I didn't get one of those in time!

Managed to get hold of one of their old skirts though. Might not look like anything special, but I adore pleated skirts and the colours black/white together. >.<

More
14 years 3 months ago #9669 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Emily
I'm not much for those things that tend to be 'cute'... either not me or I got too much dark in my mind to like it, as most I know find them at least cute in some way.

Usually see Emily or alike things in most alternative stores around (never any real goth-store, just emo), but never found it really cool. May be a bit because they are common (in the gothic society), and I usually stay to things that now one really knows about... :silly:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 3 months ago #9672 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Emily
CorpseQueen wrote:

I'm not much for those things that tend to be 'cute'... either not me or I got too much dark in my mind to like it, as most I know find them at least cute in some way.

Usually see Emily or alike things in most alternative stores around (never any real goth-store, just emo), but never found it really cool. May be a bit because they are common (in the gothic society), and I usually stay to things that now one really knows about... :silly:

I'd like to second that. In our community you have to try hard to get something individual. It's hard work really.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 3 months ago #9701 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Emily
Ahh..

Emily clothing isn't often sold in shops around here - I usually order in online. I quite like 'cute' things. A lot of my clothing is lolita-styled, and I can often pull it off seeing as I pass for under 12 at times, so I go for it, while I still can. :woohoo:

The 'gothic' scene isn't very large where I live, so it's not difficult to have a unique look at all. I haven't seen anyone else who attempts the same look as me so far. :P I like to play around with lolita/burlesque/Victorian/porcelain doll themes. Although really, I can't say I've seen much of the world, being stuck in this city most days.

I would have to say I dislike how lots of Emily clothing has 'Emily the Strange' stuck somewhere on it..It might sound silly, but I prefer it when there's just a cat image or just no image at all, like on the skirt I posted earlier.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds