Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Dia de los Muertos...not another Halloween thread!

More
14 years 5 months ago #9016 by janelle hell
StephenG wrote:

a few of the botanicas around here had stuff for dia de los muertos, but no celebrations (that i knew of)
did make arrangements with my friend on line; if i can affoerd to come visit her in texas,we're gonna hunt down a celebration next year :cheer:

The biggest one that I've seen in the U.S. is held in the Hollywood Forever Cemetery; definitely worth seeing if you're ever out that way!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26012 by MITommy
Id really like to try my hand at making some of those sugar skulls. I used to decorate cakes at a bakery for a while and I can only imagine how awesome and fun it would be to decorate skulls.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #26034 by Envy
MITommy wrote:

Id really like to try my hand at making some of those sugar skulls. I used to decorate cakes at a bakery for a while and I can only imagine how awesome and fun it would be to decorate skulls.

:P Do you have a recipe of some sort?

Obviously I know there's sugar involved, but I was thinking of a 'recipe' more along the lines of instructions on how to make sugar skulls and what makes the sugar stick together.

I have no idea how they'd be made..But I'm curious.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26085 by MITommy
I don't know off the top of my head, but you can do a Google search for Sugar Skull recipes and there are lots of them listed. Its usually just water and confectioners sugar I think. All I know if that its supposed to be not too tasty. Its for decoration more than for eating.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26090 by Envy
MITommy wrote:

I don't know off the top of my head, but you can do a Google search for Sugar Skull recipes and there are lots of them listed. Its usually just water and confectioners sugar I think. All I know if that its supposed to be not too tasty. Its for decoration more than for eating.

Ahh right. I should've expected that, with it being mostly sugar. Ahwell, it still looks fun to try out.

Thanks. ^.^

Time to create page: 0.335 seconds