Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

goth clothing @ work

More
14 years 6 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #5837 by Daruma
goth clothing @ work was created by Daruma
Just a quick question:

what do you like working and going to work dressed up as you like or do you disguise?
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5875 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:@ work
I do unfortunately go to work in disguise. As a chef I do wear a uniform but I have worked in higher end places that, if the clientele are possibly going to see you before you change into uniform, want you to dress very low key and blend into the backgroud. So it's a habit I've gotten into even though I now work at a place that isn't so restrictive. I have to admit though that it is entertaining, if I need to pop in on my days off for some reason, to see the reactions to my regular clothes . . . and the volume of hair I have . . . and my tattoos . . .

More
14 years 6 months ago #5885 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:@ work
Once I get a job, I will have to go boring corporate....uggg...I will not be able to work the way I want to...unless I get published and be a writer, then I will dress my way...my pen name is Sasha Reinhart...I might go all out with her...no one will ever know.

I am sitting with black pants, a black tee with two skulls that says Voodoo on it... so go figure...but I have other clothes too..

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5890 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:@ work
I dress as plain as possible for university because people do judge you by the way you look and I'd rather avoid negative attention. I try to fit in, but I always stick out of the crowd. The majority of female students on my faculty are all blond, wear fancy clothes that are \"in\" and that makes them all look alike, so I get a lot of looks form the male professors as I'm a bit exotic compered to the \"normal\" girls... The majority of professors don't mind how you dress, but they rather see someone dressed with taste then in some slutty style (unfortunately some girls think it's appropriate to come to class, even exams!, in a skirt that barely hides their behind and their breasts almost falling out of their shirts).
I always wear some of my Alchemy jewelry and get positive feedback from my colleagues and I see that also the professors eyes get cough examining the jewelry. It's not something you see everyday when the other girls wear plastic or other cheap jewelry, so never had anyone staring in disgust. Even one female professor asked me where I bought it! :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5907 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:@ work
I work from home, and deal with clients only on the phone, never in person, so I can wear what I want.

When I worked in an office, I had to look \"respectable\", since clients did come in sometimes. The bosses weren't super-strict, so I could let my personality show through a little bit. Always had to keep the tattoos hidden though, no matter what.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6214 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:@ work
Mainly black and grey due to working in a factory atmosphere.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds