Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Victorian Gothic

More
14 years 5 months ago #6486 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Victorian Gothic
If I may make a suggestion corpsequeen, I find that underbust corsets go very well with governess shirts. Or, failing that, really and collared dress shirt looks quite good as well. But that is just my experience . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6546 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Victorian Gothic
The closest to Victorian I ever wear is only brought out for Halloween and for special get-togethers. I wear a similar outfit to what Johnny Depp wears in the latest Sweeney Todd movie. Last year I even decided to splatter some fake blood on and walk around with a shaving razor. I scared the crap out of some of the locals. They were more afraid of me as their tour guide than they were of the haunted house I was working. HA!

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6547 by SkieShauphen
The closest to Victorian I ever wear is only brought out for Halloween and for special get-togethers. I wear a similar outfit to what Johnny Depp wears in the latest Sweeney Todd movie. Last year I even decided to splatter some fake blood on and walk around with a shaving razor. I scared the crap out of some of the locals. They were more afraid of me as their tour guide than they were of the haunted house I was working. HA! I only have one picture of it but I can't find it anywhere. I'll try and take a new one sometime.

• blaidd
  • And the veil did fall and magic again held sway
More
14 years 4 months ago #9099 by blaidd
Replied by blaidd on topic Re:Victorian Gothic
Greetings with regard to male Gothic attire Full plate armour always looks snazzy

Elizabethan male garb in black with white red and yellow under layers and gold and silver accents {Edmund Blackadder with more colour and class}Oh and never forget the cod piece!
Victorian black outer garb, bucket top boots, top hat, waist coat, white ruffled shirt and cravat in scarlet with silver accents is I believe the hight of male Gothic fashion.
If none of this seems quite right a cowled robe in Black, Scarlet, Brown or Emerald Green will never be out of fashion.

"Walk with love in thy heart, honour in thy soul, steel in thy hand
and your deities ever by thy side!"

Blaidd

Ego sum solvo Bellator civis!
Attachments:

More
14 years 4 months ago #9101 by SkieShauphen
I agree. I always thought armor was suiting for me. There is a friend of mine who designs fashionable armor into casual clothing. If he ever manages to make it into a business I'll be one of the first to get some. They look absolutely stunning. Both male and female designs have been created.

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds