Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Creatures

More
13 years 5 months ago #27500 by Draig13
Replied by Draig13 on topic Re: Creatures
When I was 17 I spent a month backpacking in Borneo to help out with some environmental/cultural projects. The one memory that sticks out is one afternoon back at camp in the middle of the rainforest. We'd been doing physical work all morning so the rest of the group wanted to nap, I decided I was in a far too amazing place to sleep off an afternoon so went wandering. Really stupid and I got a massive telling off from the local guide we were with as it turned out it was snake season and there had recently been a sighting of a 2.5 metre pit viper near camp. Anyway, I just found somewhere to sit and just took in the environment and heard this screeching sound and about 100 metres away this eagle swooped down to almost ground level, flew amongst the trees and then flew back up to the tree tops again. Since then eagles have been my favourite animal. I felt so special to have seen it too.

Not sure what type it was, there's a few in Borneo but after a little research and going off the memory if what it looked like it was most probably a Black Eagle:

This was took in the same area I was in.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27502 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Creatures
Oh wow..

Eagles are amazing creatures. I saw my first few close-up and 'in real life' just a few months ago whilst I was in the US. :P There was a bald eagle pair that had decided to make a nest on top of a pylon, and they were close enough for me to be able to see their features pretty clearly.

Only other eagles I've seen were ones in Hong Kong, but they were constantly circling high above, so you didn't really see much apart from the prominent silhouette.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27508 by Draig13
Replied by Draig13 on topic Re: Creatures
Bald eagles are awesome, I'd love to see one close up let alone two.

Birds in general are just cool. Unfortunately I think my landlady would freak out if I had an eagle as a pet so I've had to settle for the moment with three insane budgies...one day though, get somewhere with a massive plot of land and have a whole falconry or something...I can dream :P

More
13 years 3 months ago #29647 by TSTR
Replied by TSTR on topic Re: Creatures
I like bats, black cats, ravens, Pandius Imperator and Emerald Skeleton ^^

More
13 years 3 months ago #29681 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Creatures
I'm a sucker for wolves, foxes and coyotes. Love my snakes and bats to. Though I'd never turn away one of the big cats either, cheetahs were always my fave of those. Still like the bottle nosed dolphins to, but not as much as I used to, not sure why not.

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds