Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Chic Star Clothing

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30235 by black_magnolia
I discovered this brand by accident some time ago when I saw a jacket from them which I liked at some other online goth shop; so I thought I'd check out if they have a site of their own and more similar clothing...
I was surprised that they aren't strictly gothic, but also do retro styles (rockabilly, pin-up etc.)!

You can check them out at www.chicstar.com

I have to point out that they have a design competition, because I know how often someone including myself moaned here on the forum how we have some clothing design in mind but can't realise it. Now you have a chance! You can check out the rules at their site. ;)

I bought their Lace-Up Tuxedo Swallowtail Corset Top and had second thoughts about it when it arrived because I was worried I would only be able to wear it to goth events...
The top is wonderfully made, I adore the design and I always loved brocade, so I would have liked to wear it everyday too. :P Finally one day I just said I'd risk it and wore it to a university lecture combined with a purple tunic. Wow! I didn't expect my mainstream colleagues to give me so many compliments on it! :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30239 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Chic Star Clothing
That's really pretty... it looks like you could dress it down with jeans, like in the photo, or else really goth it up if you wanted to.

I had a quick look through their site as well. I especially like their dresses! They seem to be a lot more form-fitting, as opposed to most of the looser things I see in stores around here. Those looser styles tend to make me look pregnant... not a good thing!

More
13 years 2 months ago #30246 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

That's really pretty... it looks like you could dress it down with jeans, like in the photo, or else really goth it up if you wanted to.

I had a quick look through their site as well. I especially like their dresses! They seem to be a lot more form-fitting, as opposed to most of the looser things I see in stores around here. Those looser styles tend to make me look pregnant... not a good thing!

Yes! First I was uneasy if I could really dress it down and up so much, but you rally can! Lovely piece! :kiss:

The problem which I find with stores around here is that the dresses are all too short for me to be considered a dress! I don't want half my ass to be visible to the public. :S
Most of the dresses at Chic Star are reasonably long so that a tall girl like myself can also wear them. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30253 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Chic Star Clothing
:ohmy: Wow..I love what you've bought!

..And I wish I hadn't checked out the site! :S I'm in love with so many designs..Argh..So many cute and loliable items..Ohh...

More
13 years 2 months ago #30419 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Hmm, that's really quite gorgeous - some of the items on the site are quite nice too...I bookmarked it for future reference.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 2 months ago #30509 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Chic Star Clothing
That was evil.... I ordered a new top, that I really don't need,and shouldn't be spending money on.... but it was on sale. Good site, I can see them tormenting me again soon

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds