Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Gothabilly

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #29563 by black_magnolia
Gothabilly was created by black_magnolia
As we mentioned it in the Hot Topic thread, recently gothabilly has become trendy, if I may say it like that.

I assume that everyone can imagine just by the name that it's a subgener of rockabilly .

What are your opinions on this style?

I'm must confess that I like it. I see it as a style that can be very practical for summer. Maybe I'm not the only one that conects gothabilly and rockabilly for that matter, with summer and warm weather. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29568 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Gothabilly
Hm. I agree that it's practical for summer, but..I don't know if I like it or not. :S

I tend to just wear light blouse-tops and skirts in the summer, which does the job.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29582 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Gothabilly
I like the rockabilly look anyway, so this sounds good to me. Although I don't really follow any kind of trends, but it may make it easier to find things that I like in the stores.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29585 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re: Gothabilly
It is a nice fusion so it was about time, as far as I am concerned, the tattoos are what I especially like about this :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
13 years 3 months ago #29744 by Night Blossom
Replied by Night Blossom on topic Re: Gothabilly
I personally think gothabilly is beautiful. I love 40s and 50s fashion! Take that, mix with goth, mix with body mods and :kiss: !

More
13 years 3 months ago #29751 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Gothabilly
I actually fell into the gothabilly look without realizing it! I go to quite a lot of car shows during the warmer months and, unless I want to pass out, I can't really run around wearing corsets and velvet. What with the retro vibe that seems to go along with the shows I started going a little rockabilly with gothic accents. Didn't even notice until my mom pointed out my different look . . .

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds