Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Corsets, Corsetry and Tightlacing.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23037 by Kuroboshi
I think everyone would be too scared to lay a finger on her, husband or anyone else. Hardly a lighter side.

Anyway, it looks as if it'd cause problems with having children, that's something that should be looked in to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23045 by black_magnolia
Kuroboshi wrote:

Anyway, it looks as if it'd cause problems with having children, that's something that should be looked in to.

A woman with such a small waist couldn't have biological children. Wearing a corset in such a fashion for years dislocates the ribs, presses them inside; stomach, kidneys, liver etc. get usually pressed up with the lungs and heart, intestine gets pressed down on the uterus etc. A baby wouldn't have any space and wearing a corset naturally wouldn't be an option when being pregnant, especially when the woman starts to show. That all presuming if she even gets pregnant. With organs unnaturally pressed some start to die and it can easily happen that her ovaries stop working.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23057 by Kuroboshi
The more I know about that, the less and less appealing it seems.

So I've got this straight, health complications and the loss of the ability to bear children (fair enough some women don't want to, but that might not be the case in the future) for an unnaturally thin waistline for your body shape? It just seems a stupid and dangerous way to make yourself more \"attractive\" (attractive being an opinion, clearly they find such a thing as being attractive).

Though to make it clear, Magnolia, are you saying there is a chance for any organ to die, including vital ones?

More
13 years 9 months ago #23086 by black_magnolia
Organs that are being crushed into a smaller space like that will atrophy and will shorten the life of a person. Maybe one organ will die sooner then the other, but basically at one point you'll have a case of general organ failure. The spleen, for example, being a very soft and sensitive organ, could burst under pressure and that would lead to severe blood lose and death. Ergo, any woman practising such body modification is unable to do any greater, or any at all, physical work.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23171 by millkins
I like the idea of wearing an underbust corset and still I am trying to get one handmade for me, and I hope it will help meto have a better poisture but I would never have waist training since some of my organs are allready disslocated (not much but enough to cause trouble) and I dread what wretched things would start appearing if I did. Ditta von Teese had waist training i think and it kind of looks pretty on her I think, but she is looking almost normal without the corset itself so it is not really extreme ( definitely not like the two women I saw on black magnolia's photos) :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
13 years 9 months ago #23194 by Envy
Mm I do love corsets for the posture they give you. They keep you incredibly warm as well, but that can be good or bad.

In the current weather, I dare not wear one because it's hot enough as it is! They're a great friend in the winter though. :P The only thing that keeps me warm without having to slap on 500 layers of clothing = A corset.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds