Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Corsets, Corsetry and Tightlacing.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22665 by Envy
I have a few corsets suitable for tightlacing myself, however, I was wondering whether to bother with err..'extreme' waist training I guess, where organs are relocated and tiny waist sizes etc. are achieved.

I heard that kind of thing wouldn't work well for someone with such a small frame as I have, but I'm a curious person, regardless.

Have any of you been through or are currently going through a process of waist training? What are your views on 'trained' waists?

I think, personally, that people who have the dedication to reach a tiny waist size are pretty admirable, but that's just me.

I guess a major part of me says that I could never reach a tiny waist size and that maybe I wouldn't be able to handle the possible (?) poor health side effects..But..Ah. Curiosity, curiosity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #22672 by black_magnolia
I'm sorry I have to say this in such a harsh way, but those people that undergo such \"waist-training\" aren't normal and should visit a psychiatrist.
Any doctor will tell you that it's not good for your health and there is no need even to discuss the health issues because after a long time with organs displaced in this ways, the more sensitive organs start to die of...
I personally don't even see the aesthetic beauty in it and in my eyes, this \"training\" doesn't only hurt the person's body but also the corset, because corsets were never intended for so tight lacing. I think that everyone knows that there should be a cc. 15 cm gap between the back panels when the corset is laced otherwise the corset is either too big or too small.

Cathie Jung is the person in the right picture, she is the woman with the smallest waist in the world. She’s been wearing a corset every day for the past 12 years and she now wears one 24 hours a day.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22686 by cemwerewolf
I wear corsets quite often myself and a few of them are designed for tightlacing but I have never gone to that extreme. I use the corsets to change my shape only a little bit, to give that kind of hourglass figure. I find the idea of tightlacing kind of frightening because it seems almost like a voluntary form of torture. You put your body under a lot of stress and can do permenant damage even if you don't wear the corset constantly. There are people out there who will advocate it but, personally, I cannot.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22691 by Morgana
I didn't realize people still used corsets in that way today, although with the types of extreme plastic surgery that some people go through, I guess it really should't surprise me. To each their own, but I can't imagine why anyone would do that to themselves.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22819 by scootiebee
I wear some pretty tight corsets, but they take at most 4 inches off around my waist, and they were specifically designed for this purpose. They also support my back if I will be standing a lot during the day. I don't want a \"wasp waist\". I don't want to train my waist to be so small that I must wear a corset 24-7 in order to not have my spine collapse. Urgh. I am average build, and having a few inches off my waist is fine, for a really slim waist, but much more than that I would think would be very bad for your health. I would never do that.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22824 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

I wear some pretty tight corsets, but they take at most 4 inches off around my waist, and they were specifically designed for this purpose. They also support my back if I will be standing a lot during the day. I don't want a \"wasp waist\". I don't want to train my waist to be so small that I must wear a corset 24-7 in order to not have my spine collapse. Urgh. I am average build, and having a few inches off my waist is fine, for a really slim waist, but much more than that I would think would be very bad for your health. I would never do that.

A good point..Your life must completely change if you're limited to wearing a corset day-in, day-out.

I wonder how Cathie Jung does sports or whether she can pick up things she's dropped on the floor - or is that just completely impossible now.

:P I'm just curious I guess. I'd have thought bending over with relocated organs would pose a pretty big threat to your life/health, esp. if a corset was taken off..I heard about livers being squished by ribs and all sorts. *Shrug*

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds