Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

magic, witchcraft, paganism , etc

More
14 years 6 months ago #2014 by morphea3107
i have a question for those of you who are into the occult practices... i was wondering ...of all the paths there are in magic , why have you chosen the one that u'r onto now?..was it because you felt you belonged on that path or was it just by interest? i know that such questions pose a difficult answer for some , but i await any answer you wish to give me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #2018 by Veszdrin
i've never actually practiced any kind of magic but i have always been fascinated by it. i find it kind of strange though because sometimes my fascination tends to lead more towards attraction. it's like there is something inside me that tells me that practicing magic is a path i'm supposed to follow. maybe in time i will learn if it really is the right path.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 6 months ago #2024 by CorpseQueen
I like things like tarot and palm reading, maybe because you don't have to believe in them. Just don't have to be a true believer to do them, you never have to give youself to the cards or anything - they still show you their nature and personality (either you want it or not).

I'm not a believer. I anything, really. I like science, but I also like the occult, at least the part which have been around for too long. If I believe in it, any of it? Not really. Partaly, sure, but I could never believe in anything to 100%, and therefore I got a bit of problem with things that you need to believe in to see. Like the soul.
Doesn't mean I like magic tho, the old kind of magic. Don't know much about it, and don't really know what paganism and alike stands for, but I do find it interesting. Like Veszdrin, I find it fascinating, but I don't think I've done any spells. In the future that might chance tho... but if something needs me to believe to more then 80%, then I'll probably never do it.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #2046 by demonica66613
To be honest, It just comes natural to me. I have established my beliefs from my life experiences, my environment, things I have read and things I have felt. Growing up, my parents had me celebrating Christmas, Hanukah, Easter etc. I never went to a church or temple. I am greatful that I never had a religion pushed or forced onto me. It gives me the oppurtunity to be more myself and allows me to find my own path.
I was truly introduced to the art of the craft in highschool by a close friend. I have been learning and practicing ever since. I have done some spell casting, but I don't want to ellaborate on the details. I used to read Tarot. I don't have much time to practice like I used to, becuase my 2 little boys keep me so busy. Now, I enjoy sharing my views (when asked), and I have a better appreciation for the changing of seasons, weather and life in general.

More
14 years 6 months ago #2061 by Wolfgirl90
Even though my family my was Christian, I was never really raised as a Christian. They pretty much let it up to me to choose my beliefs.

I have always felt a connection to nature. I was the kid who joined 4-H and stayed for 9 years and who spent 12 hours outside. So, when I found out about Paganism and Witchcraft, it felt like a perfect fit for me.

More
14 years 6 months ago #2076 by cemwerewolf
It's the aspect of nature involved that drew me to it I think. I've always been a city dweller and yet have constantly felt out of place amidst the concrete and glass. Quite frankly I go mad if I don't commune with nature. There's just something about working with herbs and stones and other natural materials that just calls to my soul and brings me peace.

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds