Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Does people tease you because your style of life?

More
13 years 6 months ago #25709 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

Serpenvicis wrote:

I get used to teasing now. But sometimes it can really hurt when even your \"friends\" tease you. But I don't consider them as my real friends. Not anymore.

I'm so sorry to hear that! I went through pretty much the same thing at elementary school (that's up to about age 12 here). Any time someone wanted to come over to my house, it was just to find out something more about me that they could all pick on. A bit of gentle teasing among friends is OK, but if they're really giving you a hard time then they're not real friends, and I'm glad you can recognize that.

Try to tough it out, and you know you can always come here to chat with more kindred spirits.

I agree with Morgana, but you also shouldn't be scared to tell your friends when they went too far with the teasing. People can go too far not even realising it, so it's always good to speak about it.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25775 by snow.wulf
I get teased on occasion, but most people that know me know not to bother. Insults just bounce right off me and usually end up hitting the offender right in the face :P Look at the way most people dress these days. I find it hilarious that us goths are the ones that get made fun of. I'm not speaking for all of us, because I don't know how we all dress here, but I think that wearing your pants down around your knees is just the stupidest thing ever. Unfortunately that seems to be in style here...

The amount of time and money most of us put into our outfits, we should be PROUD to wear them. Don't let someone ruin your day because you don't meet today's sloppy clothing standards. Just be yourself and be happy :laugh:

More
13 years 6 months ago #25779 by Envy
snow.wulf wrote:

I find it hilarious that us goths are the ones that get made fun of. I'm not speaking for all of us, because I don't know how we all dress here, but I think that wearing your pants down around your knees is just the stupidest thing ever. Unfortunately that seems to be in style here...

The amount of time and money most of us put into our outfits, we should be PROUD to wear them. Don't let someone ruin your day because you don't meet today's sloppy clothing standards. Just be yourself and be happy :laugh:

Agreed!

That horrific show-your-boxers-whilst-wearing-low-jeans look is popular around here too. It's just revolting..

More
13 years 6 months ago #25848 by Izcoatl
black_magnolia wrote:

Polaristhe2 wrote:

How old are you dear? Still in elementary or already in high school?

I can honestly not believe what you just said... Social excommunication and it's repercussions don't have an age stamp. And yes, people apparently always have some kind of prejudice. Prejudice is simply a part of a cognitive mind. Which is generally common amongst homo sapiens. If there is a person without a single prejudice, let him or her cast the first stone at me. Really, let it rip.

In fact age does make a difference.
Younger kids tend to get more cruel while teasing and the fact being young yourself, therefore not very experienced, makes it even worse to listen to such crap.
Easy for us now to say don't mind them, when we have gone through that and see that it was meaningless but it was still hurtful.

You're so right, well im 26 and i live in México, im in the Goth/Punk movement since i was 15, so the best advice i can give you, is try to talk with them, they can say a lot of stuff about your style, just remember you have the power to take it or drop it.

Dont try to fit in the society, you just have to be as yourself, talk to them dont became an island
=)

A bad advice: if someone hurt you, kick his ass down.
Respect yourself and make others to respect you

Fire doesn't clean, it Blackens

More
13 years 6 months ago #26192 by Serpenvicis
Well, some people really can go too far with teasing. I lost my temper quite easy so sometimes for me it's simply impossible to sustain without yells at them. That amuse them even more so they continue to tease even more.
But, I hate when people judge you don't even knowing what are you actually so they call you satanist or something like that, and automatically start to hate you.
And i totally agree with snow.wulf and Envy about \"show-your-boxers-whilst-wearing-low-jeans look \". really I don't see purpose of showing your boxers or sometimes even you ass.It's just stupid.

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26193 by Envy
Mm that's the thing. The worst thing you can do is show them that what they're saying is irritating you or causing you to react - It'll only make them try and provoke you more.

You just have to remember that at the end of the day, the people who are doing the jeering will probably end up having:

- 10 kids at the age of 20
- No decent job
- No stable relationship. Ever.
- Drug, crime and drinking problems.
- A couple of years in jail at least.

That's how things are in England anyway. I just think to myself: Yeah, keep teasing, scumbags, you'll be sweeping the ground I walk on in 10 years' time. Either that or be locked away.

Leaves me with a smug face when I walk past them anyway.

:P Said it once and shall say it again - Your mind is your sanctuary.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds