Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Does people tease you because your style of life?

More
13 years 9 months ago #21955 by Kuroboshi
Well, one person tries to, can't say he actually succeeds, considering it's the same stuff over and over and no-one ever found it funny.

Random neds (kind of like chavs) or kids on the street will call me a goth or something, but I just end up thinking why it should bother me.

A mate of mine has made a remark about me standing out in public, he's right, I probably do a bit, but I just wear what I like.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #21987 by Envy
You can't really avoid 'standing out' unless you're somewhere like Camden Town or something. The real question is - Do you feel comfortable in your own body and do you feel it's worth people making remarks?

I'm pretty certain we'll all scream YES! at that.

More
13 years 9 months ago #21989 by Kuroboshi
:P I've probably never felt more comfortable, probably because I've started wearing what I want to, rather than stuff that is more \"acceptable\" socially.

More
13 years 9 months ago #21991 by Envy
Kuroboshi wrote:

:P I've probably never felt more comfortable, probably because I've started wearing what I want to, rather than stuff that is more \"acceptable\" socially.

Yeah I feel the same way. I know I stick out *a lot* because I'm Chinese to top everything off, but at the end of the day, I actually feel more confident when I'm wearing clothes I love, even when dirty little Chavs shout \"Eew\" at me when I walk past.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22001 by Serpenvicis
I wear what I want an in what I feel comfortable. Only problem is summer. Sun is unbearable here, and black clothes make it even more unbearable . :(

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22022 by Envy
Serpenvicis wrote:

I wear what I want an in what I feel comfortable. Only problem is summer. Sun is unbearable here, and black clothes make it even more unbearable . :(

Oh that's true. I have to always hide in the shade when it's sunny, but at least sunshine is rare in little England. :P

May I suggest a parasol? Or would it not be to your tastes?

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds