Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Does people tease you because your style of life?

More
13 years 10 months ago #21051 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

I did tell Lucy that her reaction is what keeps the kid coming back to bother her. Oddly, I sat next to that kid on the school bus all the way to Annapolis a few days ago. He wasn't thrilled about it, but I think he figured out that I am not to be messed with. Apparently he did not bother her today, which she was totally shocked about. :) The power of the gothy, freaky mom! :)

:woohoo: Hah, a friend of mine had the habit of eerily smiling randomly at people she disliked. She had extremely white teeth, and when she wore dark lipstick, her smile really was quite..Unnatural. (I might've mentioned that before - I cannot recall).

I think playing up the 'goth' part can really have two effects..1. Provoke people into conflict with you or 2. Scare them shitless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #21065 by Serpenvicis
In my case, playing up the goth made other kids tease me and ask stupid questions like \"did someone recently died?\". Since I started to wear black and dress up like goth, even professors started to hate me. But, when I meet some new kids, they ussualy respect me or are even afraid of me. I like that feeling that someone is afraid of me, I don't know why.

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Serpenvicis.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21163 by Envy
Serpenvicis wrote:

In my case, playing up the goth made other kids tease me and ask stupid questions like \"did someone recently died?\". Since I started to wear black and dress up like goth, even professors started to hate me. But, when I meet some new kids, they ussualy respect me or are even afraid of me. I like that feeling that someone is afraid of me, I don't know why.

You probably like it because it's the first time you're in control of a situation and you can decide what another person feels. It's something every human likes to indulge in at some point in life.

You'll get silly questions like \"did someone recently die?\" all the time - I get 10 year olds asking me stupid questions. Kids younger than me mocking me! Once, one asked \"Why are you all in black?\" in a mocking tone..So I just replied \"So I don't look like a fruitcake like you.\"

It might sound very childish, but a short and snappy response will usually throw an immature kid off track and shut them up.

When my fashion taste started to show, teachers started to make fun of me as well. One physical ed. teacher picked on me during a lesson and shouted out (in front of the whole class) \"What's wrong? Are you going all goth on me now?\" and then laughed. She was the teacher I hated the most anyway - I just thought morbid thoughts to myself and laughed it off inside my head.

(She's way older than me, she'll die first, the world will be a better place, good riddance to the old cow.) <-- That was pretty much what I thought. Yes. Morbid. Yes. Childish, but it's my mind and no one can tell me not to think it! :woohoo:

Just be yourself. Your mind is your own sanctuary, don't let others affect what you love.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21167 by black_magnolia
I maybe had a total of two comments in my life with that \"did some die?\".
The worst part for me in elementary was that I was fighting more with my mother about what I wanted to wear then I had problems in school about it. She was very tough about it, she wouldn't let me wear all black! She hated that colour because the only time she wore all black was for her father's funeral, so she was very touchy about that subject, but she is fine now and wears black herself from time to time (naturally not all black as I do).
Because my mom didn't want to compromise, I wore colours. :S I really didn't have a choice with that, she was still the one buying my cloths and I often had to compromise with her for hours in a shop. Mostly it ended up like \"you'll get those black trousers if you get those two *insert some colour* t-shirts\". So I had some black stuff but till I worked myself to an entirely black wardorebe it took almost two/three years...
She made a big fuss about what would people at school think etc. and maybe, now that I think about it, she was right. In elementary, teachers and classmates had seen me, most of the years, wearing colours and then \"suddenly\" going to all black would have made them think something was wrong. In high-school I wore all black from day one and never had any, not even one, problem or weird comment.

So, Serpenvicis, if your mom isn't giving you a worse time then your classmates, be happy! I know I would have been!
My mom is now fine with my wardrobe, but it was a tough time till I assured her I was still right in my head. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21172 by Serpenvicis
My mom is actually against that I wear black, but she knows that I'm stubborn so she doesn't make any noise about it. Mostly I pick my clothes while buying, but sometimes she make me buy something that I don't like. That is completely waste of money because, earlier mentioned I am very stubborn and I put that on myself once or two times. :laugh:

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21181 by Envy
Mm my parents teased me a bit, but never forcibly tried to make me wear colours. As long as I got good grades, everything was okay..

Seems to be their policy for everything..They went mental when I first had a 'serious' relationship..Said that I'd get pregnant and drop out of school etc..

The moment my exam results came back - Oh. Everything's fine. I can do what I want. :blink:

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds