Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Does people tease you because your style of life?

More
13 years 11 months ago #20371 by scootiebee
Serpenvicis wrote:

Thank you all. I actually don't understand people who tease others. It's like they don't have their own life so they look after others to see if they will make some mistake or stupid thing and then they can tease them or say it to whole school :unsure:

That's very perceptive. A lot of young people seem to think that you have to fit into a particular group or like a particular thing or style in order to be acceptable. This is silly! You are young to have discovered this, and that can make it hard on you, but just keep the attitude that as long as you are true to yourself, you are doing well.

And Envy, unless I am mistaken, Elementary school is what you would call primary school. Lucy is in elementary school, she is 9, almost 10, and in 4th grade in the U.S. Here, elementary school goes until you are 10 or 11 (5th grade), and then middle school for 3 years (grade 6-8), and then high school for 4 more (grade 9-12). Then college/university.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20376 by black_magnolia
I'll write a short outline of the Croatian educational system for comparison:
Elementary school is from minimum 6 to max 16 (when you turn 16 you automatically get kicked out) and is obligatory - everyone has to go. (a total of 8 grades)
High-school isn't obligatory but almost everyone goes; basically 15/16 to 18. (mostly 4 grades with the exception of 3 grades if it's a school for some trade; we usually say 1st-4th grade of high school, not 9th etc.)
After high-school, there's university.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20456 by Serpenvicis
black_magnolia wrote:

I'll write a short outline of the Croatian educational system for comparison:
Elementary school is from minimum 6 to max 16 (when you turn 16 you automatically get kicked out) and is obligatory - everyone has to go. (a total of 8 grades)
High-school isn't obligatory but almost everyone goes; basically 15/16 to 18. (mostly 4 grades with the exception of 3 grades if it's a school for some trade; we usually say 1st-4th grade of high school, not 9th etc.)
After high-school, there's university.

That's right. That means we go to school 16 years (if you go to high-school and university or college, wich most people do at last time)

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20517 by scootiebee
Thanks for explaining! I find it fascinating to learn about the education system in other countries. We start with Kindergarden, and then go grades 1-12. Then College/University, which is sort of interchangeable here in the U.S., but I understand are different things in the U.K. Oh, well. At least I understand now.

Thanks!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #20530 by Serpenvicis
scootiebee wrote:

Thanks for explaining! I find it fascinating to learn about the education system in other countries. We start with Kindergarden, and then go grades 1-12. Then College/University, which is sort of interchangeable here in the U.S., but I understand are different things in the U.K. Oh, well. At least I understand now.

Thanks!

We also have kindergarden , but it is not required. It's just for kids whose parents work so they can't look after them.

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Serpenvicis.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20535 by Verminaard Draconis
Never because they are affraid that I tattoo them!!! hehehe!

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds