Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

astral traveling or astral projection...

More
14 years 7 months ago #1560 by Veszdrin
you have a point there. being in that same routine could atone for the fact that everything felt so real to me but as for being outside my own body, that i still can't explain.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1585 by Morgana
There's a phenomenon called \"hypnagogic dreams\", which I think might come close to what Veszdrin was describing. They tend to happen when you're just on the verge between being asleep and awake. You are usually doing normal things (like getting ready for work) and they seem very realistic. But there might be something completely odd, like 2 suns rising, that you take as completely normal while in the dream state.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1596 by CorpseQueen
I've had a few dreams about reality... it get pretty irritating at times. You dream you see a pack of candy or food or something you want, and when you get up it's not there... and then I realize it's a dream, as I can only remember it but it got no proof in reality.
One of the reasons why I don't trust my memory... had a few too many alike dreams. Tho it was some time ago.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #1613 by Veszdrin
hmm, that might be what happened to me morgana. i really have no other way to explain so i'm open to any explanation. most of my dreams are pretty strange and i can usually tell that it's not reality just because of all the strange things that go on. lately though i can't remember my dreams.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 7 months ago #1640 by Morgana
The only reason I know about this is, my husband used to have these kind of dreams a lot when I was working a really early shift (I left the house before 4 am). He'd dream that he got up to say goodbye to me before I left, but when he looked out the window all the stars were in the wrong place, and there were several weird objects in the sky, which he thought were completely normal at the time.

He'd ask me later if he had spoken to me that morning, but he was always still asleep when I left. That really freaked him out, since the dreams seemed so real to him. Once I switched to a later shift though, the dreams stopped. We figure it was because he was worried about me, being downtown at that hour of the morning (it was kinda creepy sometimes).

More
14 years 7 months ago #1651 by Veszdrin
that is weird. i've had that happen to me on several occasions but it only lasted for a few seconds. that one time though it really felt as if i were awake. nothing really seemed out of place that i can remember.

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds