Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

astral traveling or astral projection...

More
14 years 7 months ago #1507 by morphea3107
Astral projection (or astral travel, refers to episodes of out-of-body experiences considered to involve an astral counterpart that separates from the physical body and travels to one or more astral planes or the physical world. Astral projection is experienced as being \"out of the body\". Unlike dreaming or near death experiences, astral projection may be practiced deliberately.
what do you think of this travel to other realms...worlds beyond this one ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1522 by CorpseQueen
Not my kind of thinking. You could sertainly get the feel if you do it enough, but I don't think it's more then that. The subconcious has a lot more power then anyone could imagine... part of why I don't believe in free will.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #1554 by Veszdrin
i think i had an experience that might be considered close to being out of body. it was the usual morning routine. i woke up, got dressed, and then went into the restroom to start getting ready for work. everything felt so real, from the water on my face to the smell and taste of the toothpaste. then i was walking back into my room but when i opened the door, i saw my body laying onthe bed still sleeping. the instant i saw my body i felt a jolt and i sat up and i was still in my bed not dressed or anything. i'm not sure exactly what happened or why it happened but after that experience i could definitely say that i believe in astral projection and that one can have out of body experiences.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 7 months ago #1555 by nacht_corujen
Veszdrin, that has happened to me too.
I guess my mind was generating a 'light nightmare', knowing how hard it is for me to get up in the morning. :S Sometimes, when I'm worried about something, I dream about it, antecipating it. I'm guessing that situation was the same thing.

About astral projection: our mind has powers we're unaware of. So... why not?

More
14 years 7 months ago #1556 by Veszdrin
it was a very strange feeling. seeing my own body laying there even just for that one instant. since then i have not had any more out of body experiences but i do think that it's highly possible that it could happen again.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 7 months ago #1557 by CorpseQueen
As I believe in either a soul or real magic, I got a hard time thinking that we could be anything but our bosies. For me, a personality is the nerves in you head, your genetic feelings and what life itself has given you. I believe that if we get 100% power over our minds, we could heal, read minds (meaning, we could understand the smallest scent or facial expression and therefore be able to tell what feelings hide inside), that we could controll all of our organs and scents and all we don't even think about now.
For good or worse... to with a thought stop your heart, or stop breathing, or stop feeling the pain of a deadly wound. Or loose focus, don't think about making your heart beat, and the same result.

But out of body... No, I believe it's just you mind. Vesdrin, you have seen youself in mirrors and felt that morningroutine for years, so for me it isn't so weird. Just that it happened, because that has no real reason (as I know of now, of course), and that's what I can't explain. But, the mind is an interesting thing...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds